6 foot planted tank

antwan

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a red barclaya. Mine only stays that size, possibly due to it being directly under one of the halides. Most others get huge like the green variety.

Thats not the one I gave you is it? Either way, next time it buds one off, I can I buy the baby off you?

That looks awesome. :D Are your plants all SA?

Not by a long shot. It's about half and half (american and asian).

One thing that really frustrates me about this tank is that Rotala rotundifolia will not turn red in it :evil: . Even when I put it in the tank in red form it just goes green again.

Left one is 10,000k and right one 6,700k. I had a 10,000k in the right hand side and it broke, got a replacement and it broke too. So this will have to do. They don't really make much of a difference in colour of the plants, just the sand and wall behind it. Well, that's what I reckon anyways.

One thing that really frustrates me about this tank is that Rotala rotundifolia will not turn red in it :evil: . Even when I put it in the tank in red form it just goes green again.

Mine is exactly the same. It drives me nuts. I don't think it's going to last in the big tank because of it. It's been under 10000k t5 LO bulbs in a shallower tank and is red as a red thing. Under 6500k MH bulbs in a deeper tank it's just green. It threatens to go red at the top every now and again with a little pink but then goes green. sucks.

It actually looks pretty great with FW tanks. It'll be blue-ish for a couple of weeks before it dulls down to a more normal watery colour.

Hmm might try them out later on down the track.

Mine is exactly the same. It drives me nuts. I don't think it's going to last in the big tank because of it. It's been under 10000k t5 LO bulbs in a shallower tank and is red as a red thing. Under 6500k MH bulbs in a deeper tank it's just green. It threatens to go red at the top every now and again with a little pink but then goes green. sucks.

It's frustrating eh. Such a pretty plant when red, but I think it's gross when green.

My lighting in my big tank is really DIY, but grows plants sweet, just adding Co2 atm, just wanted your opinion p44.

It has 6 mounted compact fluro 24watt 6500k cool daylight bulbs, standard bayonet fitting, the boxes say they wind out to the equivalent of 120watts of light each. I don't have algae growth, but the tank is 600 deep, is this enough, plus co2, to grow a carpet plant? e.g sag? glosso? chain swords?