June 21, 201115 yr comment_441755 I love his cheeks! very nice male, i am jelous. P44 so sag yes? I could be interested in a sword Ismart, if you'd post? Report
June 21, 201115 yr comment_441756 These are awesome tetra's, mini piranha! What kind of tetra is that? Report
June 21, 201115 yr comment_441757 Um, I guess? I cant guarantee them but they're the marbled type leaf ones, maybe missing some parts of leaves due to being thrown in with cichilds =P If you pm me we can sort something out, address etc - I just wont be able to send anything till next week is all Report
June 21, 201115 yr comment_441794 Wow neat fish! !drool: Most green swords should be ok, but I don't think that glosso will grow under those lights given the depth of the tank. Antwan you could try glosso, ADA seem to be able to grow it really well under 150w halides in 60cm heigh tanks; http://www.aquajournal.net/suikei_data/001/suikei0801.html Just place it closer to the halides, so not right out in the middle of the tank or something. It should grow fine if it is closer to a light source. Worth a try. Report
June 22, 201115 yr Author comment_441867 The sentence you quoted was for livebearer_breeder, Joe. You won't find any glosso anywhere near this tank :lol: Report
September 6, 201115 yr Author comment_453515 The new look. Growth over a few months. July 12 July 17 August 13 August 30 Tonight And some of the fish Even a video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebgkf5Rrt18 New fish are: 5 Apollo Sharks (best fish ever!) 8 Clown loaches 1 Zebra spiny eel 3 Acarichthys heckelii The apisto's really need to be moved out as the female gets harrassed quite a bit by the sharks. I must say this setup is much nicer work-wise. I'm doing about 1/8th the amount of water changes and only dosing ferts once a fortnight. And these fish (mainly the sharks) are ferocious! They're going to be a lot of fun when there are a lot of insects about. Report
September 6, 201115 yr comment_453528 Tank looks great! cool stocking too! African butterflyfish would look good in there too I think. Would be sweet if the heckli breed. Report
September 7, 201115 yr Author comment_453564 Looks awesome. Nice to see some more heckelii out there What a mission to get them though! I bought the last one from Organism, then over two shipments ordered 7 from HFF but 5 died :-? pretty gutted. Report
September 7, 201115 yr comment_453566 Stunning tank !drool: How many litres is it, it looks massive :love: Report
September 7, 201115 yr comment_453575 What a mission to get them though! I bought the last one from Organism, then over two shipments ordered 7 from HFF but 5 died :-? pretty gutted. Ahh, that sucks. I lost 2 of my 6 a while ago but the remaining 4 are all good. well they were until yesterday when I found one had jammed itself behind my 300W jager overnight. It now has some serious heater burn on it's head but is eating and getting better. I wonder if there are any left in Auckland? anyway, awesome tank I like the use of 1 hallide too. Report
September 7, 201115 yr comment_453619 Awesome tank, i am jealous, wish i had your sort of aquascaping skills... Report
September 7, 201115 yr Author comment_453625 Tank looks great! cool stocking too! African butterflyfish would look good in there too I think. Would be sweet if the heckli breed. Butterfly fish would be cool, the current stock do seem to spend a bit too much time around the bottom. I'd need to save for a bit to get a few of them though. Yea, I'm definitely hoping for some spawning from the heckelii fingers crossed for both sexes. mcrudd, the tank is about 650 litres, 6' by 2' by 2' Ismart I may take you up on that as the tank I've put them into has a lot of CO2 going into it so not sure how well they're going to be in it. Thanks everyone else for the comments I just need to leave it alone now and let them grow! Report
September 11, 201115 yr Author comment_454004 The apisto's are a lot happier in their new home so I'll keep them for a bit. I went round to a guys house the other night and saw that he had a whole bunch of pot plants around the top of his tank which I thought was quite cool. He's sparked an idea. I went round to some shops yesterday and bought some thin netting material from spotlight, a few house plants and some aquatic plants. Two cheeky lines of silicone means no water will escape and soak the carpet A bit of wire netting to hold the plants in place. There's xmas moss, babies tears, and some lilaeopsis. I'll put the netting all around the top and buy a ton more house plants, add a bit of driftwood to the top, and then keep chucking insects in over summer. I think frogs would be cool too. Report
September 11, 201115 yr comment_454028 spathaphyllums are good plants get a few colours now put them at the back It is looking good Report
September 17, 201115 yr Author comment_454830 Cheers Nav, I have one peace lily, some orchids, and a couple of ferns. I still need to raise the light up. The plants in the water flow are doing well, all starting to grow towards the light. Report
September 17, 201115 yr comment_454831 that's really creative, like an indoor waterfall. Would frogs stay if they weren't fenced in somehow? Report
September 17, 201115 yr comment_454833 nice.. :thup: you could grow herbs on there..that whould be cool..your own little herb garden.. Report
September 17, 201115 yr comment_454835 Cool idea and looks great, does the light being over the out of tank plants effect the growth of the in tank plants?? Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.