Why you chose your username

Joshlikesfish

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could have sworn this thread has been done before.

phoenix was the result of counter strike tournaments and winning them when I was 14 -15/16; and having to be 'pro' to keep the nick.

the 44 came about when some smart alec decided that [email protected] would be his email id when gmail was first launched.

I think this thread has been done twice before in the past but there are always new people 8)

A freiend of mine says Ladyhawk is her favourite movie of all time (I think it was 'cos of Rutger Hauer though). I enjoyed it but wouldn't go that far.

My username is my name. I have never had a nickname and couldn't think of one. I also figured I would foget whatever I had come up with so better to stick with my own name, odd spelling and all. It came about when mum and dad argued over what to call me. Dad wanted Meryl and mum wanted Carol so Caryl was a compromise :roll:

Almost a decade ago, when Linkin Parks' album "Meteora" was quite famous, I was listening to the track "Somewhere I belong" on my computer as I was sigining up to a forum. Just as I clicked onto the "user name" field on the sign up form, I heard the line "I will break away, I'll find myself today" in the song.

The rest is history.