ChCh 7.4 earthquake

Caryl

http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/news/christchurch-earthquake/4109893/Turtles-tipped-out-in-earthquake

The Press phoned me yesterday to see how things were as wanted to print a "good News" story. So they arrived around 5.45 pm to photograph and ask questions and it was in today. (Just ignore his typos..and I dont have a pond inside...its outside :roll: )

Such a relief to be able to use the water again! :bounce: That will really relieve the pressure on the turtle care. Getting a couple of filters today from Erica, so can set up a 4ft tank and fill with water to relieve some of the overcrowding in a couple of tanks. :)

"Donna Moot, the city's "Turtle Lady","

:lol: :lol:

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We must be going out in sympathy - had a 5.3 90km south of us just after four today - there was one in the same area yesterday at 5.1.

The Aussie guy in our office was on the phone instantly to his wife to see if she was ok, I think he was rather bemused at the flippant remarks we made about him having a panic.

If anyone wants a break from the shaking, we have spare room at our place. You would be welcome.

i wish i could get out of here but we have too many animals to look after and are house sitting for the next 6 weeks i was seriously thinking about going to nelson to stay with my sister but the thought of the nelson hospital and how it sits on a fault line put me off

Just had a 4.0 aftershock happen....unfortunately my house was within a km of the epicentre. :( It was the biggest, loudest boom and shudder of the house. Honestly it was like a bomb went off on the front lawn! My ears are still ringing...

Well I arrived in the city at 9am this morning and that one was the first one I've felt. Was sitting having dinner in an Irish pub near the Square...

You would have to be Irish to come to Chritchurch at the moment. That would be right against the flow of traffic I would have thought.

Didn't really have a lot of say in the matter. It is for work purposes.. I'm helping out our Christchurch office at the moment on the ordinary everyday stuff, then going to be helping out with earthquake claims tomorrow, until Tuesday at least.. its chaos at the moment, many many stressed people about

46.gifApparently by midday today we had experienced around 400 aftershocks since last Saturday, including ten that were above magnitude 5. The model predicts that in the next seven days we will be likely to get two aftershocks of magnitude 5 or more. Hang on folks.

Source: http://www.gns.cri.nz/Home/News-and-Eve ... aftershock

just got internet on today. so dam happy about that.

what can I say. Earthquake. plus many other fine words to follow. :x

had water feature running from roof(burst watercilinder pipe, 5ft 6 tank-smashed sand every where, with breeding fronts they didnt survive the impact.

3 ft with 23 trophes -cherry spots only 6 alive , (thanks Navara for taking them to help out)

africans.gone too.

acrilic tank with aro,choclates,and borneo tiger ok. (Thanks to Tarsha for helping to house them).

due to horrific family violence issue in April had given away to another couple of CHCh people all my breeding discus and babies as was in Womans refuge for a while..

so i am pleased i didnt have to pick up those bodies too.

:oops: just turns your gutts seing your fish taken out that way. :roll: :roll:

***but have to look on positive side, I still have a house, and my children. so things will get better.

to all the txts of support thank you all.

:oops: just turns your gutts seing your fish taken out that way. :roll: :roll:

***but have to look on positive side, I still have a house, and my children. so things will get better.

to all the txts of support thank you all.

Cricky you have had a hard time there Lynnie

I have been lucky (so far) with my 2 tanks (3 if you include the one at work) - no losses at all.

I really do not know what I would do if I saw my tanks fall over - I am amazed that they have survived and I have watched them on the sharp shock the other morning and they moved around far too much for comfort.

None of which helps you - but I guess - you are OK, and in the end we must look after ourselves and our families first.

My Partner Pam was not to happy when I said go stand and support that tank over there.... She did not do that anyway.

All the best for the coming weeks, which will be hard for all directly affected....

Chris

It never rains--it pours. My partner decided to go for a ride on her electric assisted bike to wind down, get some wind in the face and relax a bit. For those that know the area, she was going up Stanmore Rd coming up to the new traffic lights outside the garage (why they were put in I have no idea). The lights are green so she proceeded through and a young guy about 12 steps out in front of her pushing his bike over the crossing against the lights. She piles into him and cans off, getting even more shell shocked than she was and with a lot more bruises. His sister comes along and explains that he is from Bulgaria and doesn't understand how the lights work (go figure). The bike is a Chinese import and a rightoff. Back to square one.

It never rains--it pours. My partner decided to go for a ride on her electric assisted bike to wind down, get some wind in the face and relax a bit. For those that know the area, she was going up Stanmore Rd coming up to the new traffic lights outside the garage (why they were put in I have no idea). The lights are green so she proceeded through and a young guy about 12 steps out in front of her pushing his bike over the crossing against the lights. She piles into lim and cans off, getting even more shell shocked than she was and with a lot more bruises. His sister comes along and explains that he is from Bulgaria and doesn't understand how the lights work (go figure). The bike is a Chinese import and a rightoff. Back to square one.

Sorry to hear that Alan. If you need a hand, just holler.