ChCh 7.4 earthquake

Caryl

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mmmmm.... I hit a pedestrian a few years ago. She came running around the corner looked to her left and ran out in front of my car. The excuse was that in China they drive on the other side of the road.

Anyway Alan - look on the bright side - things can only get better. For all of you in ChCh I think daily of what it must be like living not knowing when the next jolt is going to be. I was born in ChCh and lived there 24 years and only remember one earthquake in that time.

Maybe its memory fade :oops:

The scary bit is that she hit a pushbike and her chinese electric assist is a complete right off. The front forks have crumpled completely. Hate to think what it would be like if it hit a car.

Did you have insurance on the bike Alan? Surely they would cover that...

I just saw this on stuff.. http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/canterb ... s-in-tanks

• 4 weeks later...

By the way, last night's 4.6 was the first aftershock that caused me to loose water from the tanks...admittedly I only really filled them to the top again about two weeks ago, but still, we had two 5.0 shakes in that time and no water was lost. Was it just me, or was that pretty full-on for a 4.6? :o

Yep, pretty big one. Lots of tank splashing, but I still got power. Amelias tank has yet again got water on the wrong side of the partitian :roll: I was outside....pretty scary :( Milo just ran into the back-yard... I ran inside and started wiping the minor water spills... all basking areas are now soaking wet and all turtles in the water.....

I've really had enough now.. :(:(