Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Design a membership card

Featured Replies

I have decided our membership cards need an update. Anyone like to have a go designing new ones? They will be printed here at home on a colour laser, not professionally, on A4 sheets and cut on a guillotine. I use Word and Publisher but if done as a high quality graphics file I can use most in both these programmes. I should be able to fit 12 to a page (2 rows of 6)

The basic requirements;

Card needs to be business card size eg 9cm x 5.5cm (or slightly smaller)

Must have FNZAS logo (see top left of page) and name

Validity dates (Aug 2010 - 2011) as cards are renewed annually

Current cards also have "Membership Card" written on them (helps identify what they are so probably a good idea to have on yours too 8) )

the FNZAS treasurer's signature

and states that XXX is a current member

These last two you may think are unnecessary

What do you think? Want to give it a go?

I am playing around with ideas at the moment and may or may not use any other suggestions, or a mix of ideas.

Email your designs or suggestions please. You have a week or two to come up with something :hail:

Remember the KISS principle! :wink:

  • Replies 74
  • Views 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you had many sent in?

Would love to see other peoples designs would be interesting to see what people like. :D

  • Author

Apart from my own ideas - 2 so far but I am hoping for more after the weekend when people may have more time to think about it and work on their designs. The 2 submitted are great and totally different to each other. I figured I might post the entries in a week or so and run a poll or ask what members think.

  • Author

Since FNZAS members are the one eligible for the cards I should think it only fair they be the ones to judge. I am happy to listen to other opinions though :wink:

Ha ha! I knew Sam would get into it. 8)

:oops: I gave up last night, I'm not very inspired. I'll give it another go later perhaps.

  • Author

I have 4 so far. All really good and all totally different! :bounce:

Come on, send your ideas.

  • Author

Well it is more important than re-decorating so take a break from the painting and get it finished this weekend! :lol:

  • Author

OK here are the 4 submitted. Which do you think? Does it give you another idea? Perhaps a combination of some? You may like some aspects and not others. For instance, card 3 was designed so no matter which way around the card was in the wallet (assuming it was short end in and facing front :lol: ), it would be easy to spot!

Card 1

Membershipcard1.jpg

Card 2

Membershipcard2.jpg

Card 3

Membershipcard3.jpg

Card 4

Membershipcard4.jpg

Thanks to those who took the time to design them :bounce:

FANATICAL member? what? :lol:

I like the layout of card 2. but without the goldfish. a zebra pleco would be nice, or why not use one of our POTM entries on the card instead?

and change fanatical to financial.

perhaps it could stay at fanatical because it is all too true. I like them all but can't decide between 2 & 4. Probably 4 because goldfish aren't my thing although there could be a mix of pics to depict the fact that aquatic societies are not just fish.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.