Design a membership card

Caryl

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would tell bdspider what she could do with her suggestion but this is a family forum :lol:

I think I will go into the local photocopy and business card making shop and price professionally printed ones too then those with lots of colour won't matter :wink:

Picture3.png

Picture4.png

Its a bit untidy, but the best I could do in a half hour. Photos are just used as examples but it would be good to perhaps use some POTM as well as other member photos to represent our varied community.

Looking good but pics are way too small (for my eyes anyway) fitting that many on a card (which is also too big. Needs to be 9cm x 5.5 if I remember correctly.

The printers also said to make sure nothing is too close to the edge that will matter when they get cut as they sometimes lose a bit around the edges.

3mm minimum for text near the edges and a 3mm bleed.

Trimming is usually rather imprecise as far as business cards go, and is exacerbated when the cards are two sided.

And who distorted the logo :evil: :wink:

I like the idea of using some POTM photos to depict the different types of fish, plants etc.

That seems very complex for just a membership card (still very nice concept though). I think all it needs is to tell you what it is, have the fnzas logo, and maybe a small picture. Pleasing to the eye is nice, but how long will we be looking at them after they've been tucked away in our wallets?

OK, after some minor alterations I think this might be it...

FNZASMembershipcard2010original.jpg

Thanks to JarrenB for the design.

We can change the design in a couple of years or so. I have removed the space for a sig since we will have a new treasurer next year and it means unused cards can't be carried over to the next year. Hence also the gap so I can write in the valid years. I can get a special deal for 500 which should last us 2 years then we can look at new designs :wink: