Conference 2010 - Last chance to register!

bdspider

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you aren't coming now P44?? But we are having T shirts! (I have dibs on the toy turtle though, even if I have to buy 50 raffle tickets to get it :oops: )

Regardless of sticks and whips this meeting is going to be completely different from anything that happened in the past - it will be very worthwhile to attend. Take my word on that.

There are TWO turtle toys ;-)

Yes, well it is freeeezing here at the moment, I had on three skivvys and a fleece today!

I already roasted the pumpkin and made the crust and they are sitting in the freezer ready to go....I just need to figure out a time to bake it. Might have to be Friday or Saturday night after the dinner (my new turtle toy can help). :lol:

Wah, I hate cold. Hope it's a nice day for the bustrip at least!

Wok, maybe you can sell off your free delegate bag goodies to raise more money for raffles. There's gonna be like... 7 normal raffles & 1 progressive one. And trust me, the prizes are awesome.

Noooo.... that means I will have to try and repossess my thermals off the kids - that means gas mask and pitchfork to try and find them on the floor of their rooms... :o

Noooo.... that means I will have to try and repossess my thermals off the kids - that means gas mask and pitchfork to try and find them on the floor of their rooms... :o

You forgot the rubber gloves Zev

Set the mouse trap now!

:lol:

I find tongs work well :wink:

How about someone give us non Mainlanders a list of suggested clothes so that we do not freeze our buns off on the bus trip?

It may also give Wok some excuse to tell his kids they have to bring stuff cos the list says so!

Hi all

I was wondering whether there was anyone who is going down to conference who would be able to bring back some fish for me from CHCH. I dont mind paying a bit for the inconveniance.

I am in Wanganui, but if were coming through bulls etc I may be able to meet depending on when.

Please PM if you may be able to help.

Thanks

Simon

I am. However I am down there for 2 weeks. Maybe someone could hold them for you and I could pick up and deliver on my way home.

Thanks Jim, Ill see how things go. Holding is not a problem. Its another forum members fish. I may have another option so will see how that goes and then let you know

Simon

Ok, cross your fingers for a fine day so we can see the baby rhino. He's only outside if it's nice.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... 23&ed=true

Btw, you can bid for his naming rights. I see the jerk who owns calendar girls is bidding, I was telling Humvee a few hours ago I bet he would. Ugh. Hope the baby doesn't end up with a corporate brand name.

Next conference is hosted by Bay Fish and Reptile.

Really? :o:o I was under the impression that 2011 was Waikato!, now I'm confuzzeled.

I seem to remember this was arranged last AGM? after Dave put us forward in 2009.

Can someone please confirm this? So we can stop planning, before we get too far into it. Fortunately we are still just kicking around ideas at this time and havent made any bookings.

On page 4 of the yearbook - yes, it's the pink one, it says:

Future Conference Hosts

2010 - Christchurch Totally Tanked

2011 - Western Bay of Plenty Aquarium and Pond Society

2012 - Waikato Aquarium Society (to be confirmed)

Minutes from the AGM say the same...

Still waiting for Grant to get home. He was called out to a fault in Nelson (so much for "I'm on holiday for the next 4 days") and is just coming through Kaituna so is about 20 minutes away.

I have the fish and plants bagged and ready to go and am about to load the car. :bounce:

Then all we have to do is have lunch, pick up Joe, get fuel, and pick up some stuff from my mum to take to an aunt in ChCh and we will be off! :bounce: :bounce:

What have I forgotten?? :-?