Everything posted by Duke
-
New tank..... will be updates as things go along.
KP.. It is one off the first PLC's on the market. Output is 24VDC so I had to buy relys for all the outputs. They cost $300 and I had to program the screen. You can get a Allen Bradley unit with 240VAC output which you use your computer to program for $250. No relays etc. Just program, plug in and bingo running. PM me if you want to discuss it. Also welcome to come for a look. I did not know how to program it and just read the book. Wife was shoocked!! :lol:
-
My turn!!
Cracker... looking very nice. Have you brought a new camer? I'm looking for frags from next week (don't tell Fay) (joke) my new tank is RUNNING.... the piece I got from you when I visited is going great has spread on to another rock already.
-
New tank..... will be updates as things go along.
Where would I start? They all look the same..
- Reefs Reef Tank
-
Reefs Reef Tank
Fay I would love to come and few your tanks, I live in Hunua ALK and like to go for a ride on my motorbike so the Port Waikato would make a nice ride. It would be in a weekend or two if thats OK. :lol:
- Pieman
-
Reefs Reef Tank
- Reefs Reef Tank
Black Tang Some info on reefs new fish.... very really caught as they are very deep and diver have to use a lot of air to catch them.... a very rare fish indeed. Lucky bugger reef. Latin Name Black Longnose Tang Common Name Black Tang Also known as Black Longnose Tang Fast Facts Ship them on Mondays only because they'll ALL be long gone by TUESDAY. Black tangs are few and far between, typically months between specimens. Everybody wants this fish! This species is black overall with a very long snout. Large specimens have a greenish-silver streak down the upper part of the body. This species is collected only from Christmas Island in the South Pacific and is rarely available. It is one of the most peaceful members of the genus, and like other Zebrasoma, it is generally easy to care for. The main thing you'll want to know is Black Tangs are few and far between, there's always a waiting list and they sell in an instant. Be prepared to jump on it immediately when one becomes available. Sizes Medium/Around 2"-3" Large/Around 3"-5" X-Large/Around 5"-6" Show/Around 6"-7" Range in Nature Central Pacific Minimum Aquarium Size 55 Diet and Feeding Herbivore, provide with a varied diet that includes frozen and flake foods for herbivores as well as dried algae sheets. Ease of Care(5=easy, 1=difficult) Reef Aquarium Compatibility Excellent reef fish. Will eat some algae. Related Fish More Tangs Availability Availability is slim to none. Typically months between specimens and they sell instantly. Don't hesitate when available! Add to Cart Black Tang Size Price Qty. Add Medium $399.00 Large $399.00 X-Large $449.00 Show $499.00 http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d41/Arronhooper/31DE81B35E094532933C2FC7A77E98EBESm.jpg '>- Georgia Aquarium (A LOT OF PICTURES!!!!)
Thanks JoeBlog for the pictures. I am in a state of shock... never thought anything like this exsisted. Can't wait to show my wife. Now I need to visit the USA..... how much can I get for a small child? enough for an airfair? Only joking I think Loto is my ticket!!- Reefs Reef Tank
- Reefs Reef Tank
Welcome JDM... if you are looking at a marine tank then you had better have a fat cheque book. I though owning a boat was bad but this marine tank bussines is ridicules. Oh and I no longer own a boat. Yes Reef tank is increadable in real life.... in a legue of it's own. Unfortunitly my wife perfers a house than a tank like reefs.- New tank..... will be updates as things go along.
My return is all finished..... I am using a super squirt and 4 x revilutions from Ocean Motion. The over flow and return comes up through the floor behind my stereo and through the wall. I hope there is no leaks!!!! It will be an insurance job if it does. This picture is with the tank full of water.. I have had a few issuie getting everything up and running but getting close to finished. Last shot is of my control system, using a PLC to run everything and it's working great. I can push a button and the main pump will stop for 10min when feeding. Another push button will fill my top off tank automatically. I have a switch to add fresh water if needed and a push button to stop the skimmer for 30min when dosing Zeovit. I also have a saftey level switch in the sump which will turn off everything except the streams. This will only happen if the sump runs dry but it's a good saftey issuie. The water is cloudy as I have just added sand. Controller. '>- Pieman
- Reefs Reef Tank
Looking good... $600 fish wow. I need a new job!- We thought we should upgrade too since most others are !!!!!
Wow this is very cool.... Look forward to the progress- KP's Tank Build
Nice job... looking forward to progress.- Plumping AP850 from 1260 pump / chiller
Makes sense..... I was still thinking of having them both inline. Another T tap and a heap of fittings but at least it free power for the chiller. Should pay for itself in a few years.- RREF RACK
- Plumping AP850 from 1260 pump / chiller
I scared about restricting flow as the hose size of the chiller is so small compared to the skimmer. Still thinking.- Plumping AP850 from 1260 pump / chiller
Well the skimmer is gravity feed and I'm going to buy a small 1000lhr pump to run my chiller. Getting close.- Mysis Shrimp
Yep I have seen it in the shop also.- Marine Aquarium Night Light
Slappers where did you get the lights? Are you pleased?- saltwater storage
The other option is to hire a trailer for the day. Take the lid of and back it in to the water........- Marine Aquarium Night Light
Nice picture... Now I have to add moon lights ! Thanks- Plumping AP850 from 1260 pump / chiller
My unit is not RO but DI which is only a two stage filter. Not as good as RO but better than nothing. As I am on tank water I don't have all the aditives like town water. - Reefs Reef Tank