Landscapers start on my new pond tomorrow!

Caryl

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 4...

Got home to a nice surprise - the pond has been concreted! It was supposed to be done tomorrow but there was a cancellation so it was done a day early!

4pondfromfront.jpg

4pondfromtree.jpg

4verandahgoes.jpg

There are steps into the pond if we need to get in and wade about and small ledges all over at different levels for plant baskets to sit. It has been kept rough for a more natural look and to give more grip once algae coats it. The concrete is to be sealed and painted with non toxic paint.

Tomorrow they should re-deck the verandah and stain the pergola.

Hmmmm Husbands, they can be a worry sometimes :roll: :roll: .

Just can't understand what the problem would be wino, I think the pond looks great hehe :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Men just don't seem to see things the way we do, now, I just cant figure

out why :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Good luck with hubby and the pond.

Lynda

:o

That's one nice looking pond, the decking over the edge of the pond is going to be nice..

On a side note, I showed my turt, and you know I think he just went greener with envy....

Keep up the updates....

W

Speaking of jetties...Grant suggested we build a small one to scale and get a radio controlled boat. He then thought we could build a mini salmon farm and whenever we wanted a bit of excitement we could go and cut the ropes and let it float free. He could then get some radio controlled tugs to push it back in place. :lol:

His next suggestion was to build a model railway track around it :roll:

WTM: that was cruel to tease your turtle like that 8)

The decking will overhang at both ends.

No further progress as they have been on another job this week while the concrete cures.

Caryl

Don't worry, he'll be getting his own pond the moment we get our own house, at which point we'll also get him some lady friends... :lol:

As for the salmon farm - what fish will you put in the nets? :wink:

W.

Wok he thinks the search and rescue helicopter is a great idea :lol:

He has been called out to a big fire out of control at Havelock. Lots of helicopters out there, plus at one in Cable Bay.

Not sure what fish to use. Why not baby salmon? :wink:

Problem with the heli idea, as a seasoned flyer and user of RC planes and boats, Firstly the boat will need to be extremely small as most RC boats need atleast 2m to turn around in, and secondly with the Heli idea, Electric helis will not lift any extra weight more then a a couple of grams...

Sorry to be such a party pooper :cry: , but I do love the idea, of the boats with the salmon nets though, and the Train bridge across the Pond. :D:D:D:hail:

If you were in Brisbane I could build you a small boat to work in that pond beautifully, and Also a working bridge for the train to go through.

I love all RC equipment so if anyone has any questions about them PM me anytime...

Ok definatly will pick up a pot of water then, What sort of Nitro heli is it misnoma??? i might know someone over here interested in it..

And to Anthony, no I dont have any Nitro at all, but i am interested in them, I mostly deal with Electric Planes, cars and boats, I do give advice on Nitro Cars and planes though...