Movies and tv shows - let's discuss

Jaide

I think it sucks what he did to Carol.

Um, may not have seen that yet :dno: I have noticed the characters are becoming very cold - no longer is there the warm fuzzies from the first 2 seasons.

I saw After Earth, I thought there was new and interesting plants and animals on Earth that would make it worth the watch but nope, just the usual stuff you'd find in a rainforest so unsure why its classed "category 1, do not go there" or whatever - we had monkeys before too - ooo scary! :facepalm:

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um, may not have seen that yet :dno: I have noticed the characters are becoming very cold - no longer is there the warm fuzzies from the first 2 seasons.

I saw After Earth, I thought there was new and interesting plants and animals on Earth that would make it worth the watch but nope, just the usual stuff you'd find in a rainforest so unsure why its classed "category 1, do not go there" or whatever - we had monkeys before too - ooo scary! :facepalm:

It wasn't so much that there were many new species, though I don't recall any giant eagles last time I watched the discovery channel. It's that everything evolved and the environment changed to be extremely hostile to humans. All the plants became toxic, all the animals started aggressively attacking humans, even the air became unbreathable.

That's the movie's backstory anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

I really liked the ship design. It had a cool organic, bio-engineered look to it. That was the only thing I liked about the movie :facepalm:

Does anyone else watch the Half in the Bag reviews on Youtube? They are great at putting a finger on exactly why some movies suck.

If you have a spare couple of hours, their take down of the Star Wars prequels are fantastic.

• 1 month later...

Really ? Great, just found out that Homeland Season 3 will not be free to air anymore here in NZ. Homeland is now also on SoHo. :an!gry :an!gry

Question to SoHo subscribers out there. does SoHo show series without commercial breaks ? or do I really have to pay to watch commercials on that channel as well ?

Really ? Great, just found out that Homeland Season 3 will not be free to air anymore here in NZ. Homeland is now also on SoHo. :an!gry :an!gry

Question to SoHo subscribers out there. does SoHo show series without commercial breaks ? or do I really have to pay to watch commercials on that channel as well ?

grrr

actually I remember something a little while ago about TV3 programme lineup being limited because of the mediaworks fox contract fallout. probably already mentioned in this thread but I haven't read it all.

shame , I enjoyed homeland. I'll get it from the library eventually.

At least burn notice will return.

I rarely go to the cinema but last week went to see Philomena (because I had 2 free tickets :bggrn: )

An excellent film I would recommend. Of course nothing like the types of programmes being discussed recently but anything with Dame Judi Dench in it has to be good.

They have stopped filming Burn Notice for ever. The final 2 seasons were pretty good!

looking forward to them!

Been re watching Fringe (so good) and stargate of all things while we wait for our favs to come back on TV.

Wish Firefly and Sarah Connor Chronicles never stopped so abruptly.

also in the scifci range that we really enjoyed : Town called Eureka and Warehosue 13.

and mustn't forget homegrown almighty johnsons!

there's just nothing of interest on TV right now but am looking forward to the return of walking dead, Elementary... and having a look at Shield and Blacklist

I quite like black list, lost of twists and turns, except the main woman is kinda a shit Character/actress IMO. I believe the Almighty Johnson's as been axed which sucks, it was an awesome show! But the good news is Warehouse 13 has bee renewed for a 5th Season!

Firefly was screened out of sequence which is why it failed (Train Job episode was shown first) - I've only seen it on the boxset which is the order it was meant to be screened. I agree, a brilliant tv series and such a waste compared to some of the crap that gets renewed over and over.

Just finished watching The Bridge - a Danish/Swedish tv series similar to The Killing (but moves along a lot faster). The female detective is socially inept, sees things as black and white and is not empathetic at all - she's brilliant! I love quirky characters.

The US are doing their version so will be interesting to see if they make their female detective the same way.

About to watch Dexter - final season, now I've finally seen season 5.

FIREFLY - we have the boxset of firefly also and watch it through once a year haha and can repeat most of the dialogue.

DEXTER - snap, just started watching final season., I've heard bad reviews on this season , people saying it has a disappointing ending. but we shall see. Not too bad so far, the introduction of the psychologist psychopath expert is interesting.

Elementary - woo-hoo starts tomorrow

FIREFLY - we have the boxset of firefly also and watch it through once a year haha and can repeat most of the dialogue.

DEXTER - snap, just started watching final season., I've heard bad reviews on this season , people saying it has a disappointing ending. but we shall see. Not too bad so far, the introduction of the psychologist psychopath expert is interesting.

Elementary - woo-hoo starts tomorrow

Save yourself and don't watch Dexter. The writers really didn't care at all. It has to be one of the worst endings in history.

Does anyone know why Hawaaii 5-0 is starting with episode 3 of season 3?

they probably aired the first 2 episodes already and then decided to pull the series just to start showing it again in another time slot. probably couldn't sell commercial breaks at prime time at the right price because of not enough people watching.

DEXTER - the introduction of the psychologist psychopath expert is interesting.

So glad I didn't read your post properly as I hadn't started watching when I posted but now I have and know what you mean, yes - it's taken an interesting turn.

Spoiler code would be a handy feature *nods*

So glad I didn't read your post properly as I hadn't started watching when I posted but now I have and know what you mean, yes - it's taken an interesting turn.

Spoiler code would be a handy feature *nods*

sorry , didn't think it was a spoiler as she was introduced very early (epsidode 1 in fact) and nothing more was said about her role. but apologies.