Grammar and spelling

Adrienne

Wooo dyslexia, aka screw grammar, phonetics, spelling, and punctuation. I'm pretty blind to most errors until I have learned the correct way, affect/effect anyone?

Yay, I am not the only one with dyslexia (yes I had to copy your spelling of it to get it correct) on here. The only reason 90% of the words I write are spelt correctly is because of spell check.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of the spelling doesn't worry me in the slightest. However some people simply don't realise that what they are writing is wrong and I thought a small guide might be of some help.

I do dislike txt speak on the forums, but no more than I dislike it when people cannot be bothered putting in full stops. However in those cases I simply refuse to read those posts - I don't feel I am missing out, there are plenty of properly written posts on here.

You wish. Some people refer to the condition as a handicap and in some ways it may be but the relatives and friends I know with the condition seem to be over compensated with other gifts such as ability with maths or music. Many people throughout history who were considered brilliant have been gifted with the condition.

I sew think people hoo reed this thread will kick themselves laughing. hoo wood have thought it has nothing too do with grammar or gramps. and if someone sends you a single free swimming. baby fish from paris. is it a french fry? and if you move any baby fish around in a breeding tank, could that be classed as a stir fry...

now im hungry for takeaways!

:rotf:

if someone sends you a single free swimming. baby fish from paris. is it a french fry? and if you move any baby fish around in a breeding tank, could that be classed as a stir fry...

now im hungry for takeaways!

:hail::bow: :slfg: :gpo2:

Well played good sir, jolly good show

• 1 month later...