I need some help with my geography assignment :)

Joe

task three (a) - would seem to read that you need to record peoples destination but your home area

so i would take that to be respondents to survey should be from your area?

this will then give you distance travelled to destination in task four

i don't mean to rain on your parade

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By local people I assumed it meant as in they live in NZ, not people from overseas who travelled on holiday NZ. I hope I haven't stuffed up this whole survey :o :facepalm: :slfg: Wouldn't be the first time I misread something... :oops: :lol:

I will send my teacher an email and ask him about it.

I talked to the teacher today about that issue. He said that what I have done is fine, but at the end I can just state what I should have done to make my research more accurate, which would be to have just surveyed people from Blenheim.

For the part where it says "Distance: How far is it from the tourists' destinations to their homes?" I will go through the survey and look try and match everyone's names to their location on their profile, and anyone who's name I don't know who has a different username to their real name I will just post on here and you can say "It's me!" and then I'll be able to get your location :D

I'll probably print the survey off tomorrow in class and then get cracking with everything.

Again, thanks for all the help guys! :D

same!

i would have done geography but it didn't fit with my other subjects.

Hahaha I did it because some of my other subjects wouldn't fit with my timetable :P

mine was the cooks beach one

I have closed the survey and gotten the results. Later on I will post a list of names I don't know and you can tell me what town/city you are from. I need to know this for when I do the question about distance. I don't know why I didn't add a question on the survey asking where everyone was from :facepalm: :slfg:

• 2 weeks later...

I've just been though all the results and tried to match everyone's name to their profile to get the location, which wasn't too hard because I know some of you or you have your name in your signature or as your username.

So I just have these last few that I need the location/home town for. I won't put your real name on here in case you don't want that, so I will just use the holiday destination. Just reply on here or PM me if yours is in the list below and let me know your location. Then I'll be able to figure out the distance from your location to your destination :D

- Went to Napier, Hawke's Bay. Stayed at friends place.

- Went to Tauranga and stayed at camping ground.

- Went to Waipaua forest and stayed at DOC cabin.

- Went to Hanmer and sayed at Hanmer Resort.

- Went to Whiritoa, Coromandel Peninsular.

- Went to Wellington and stayed at Bay Plaza.

- Went to Rotorua and stayed at Capri Court Motor Inn.

- Went to Great Barrier Island.

- Went to Christchurch and stayed at auntie's place.

- Went to Tauranga and stayed at friends place.

- Went to Mangawhai and stayed at friends place.

- Went to Christchurch and stayed at hotel.

- Went to Dunedin and stayed at motel.

- Went to Moeraki and stayed at the camping ground.

Again thanks for all the help with the survey guys :)