What I do for a day job

blueether

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mint job lol, are you a private eye :slfg:

I'm a P/A Legal Secretary in Family Law. This pic was taken today that's me in my boss's office, it was her afternoon off and I sent her that pic and told her there had been a change in Management and not to bother coming back lol

Do you think I got fired?

My boss forwared the email to the other boss who was in the office and said it required disciplinary action, we took another pic of me on my knees and him holding the gun to my head and sent it to her and told her it was sorted. :rotf:

I won't post that pic here as it has my other boss in it and may be a little bit over the line lol. Was a good day in the office, we manage to have quite a bit of fun here hehehehehe. Can't wait for our xmas do this weekend we are having a murder mystery party :slfg:

DavidR, do you get a choice about where you're posted as a driver or do you have to go where they say the jobs are?

If you're looking to join the company you have to go where the jobs are, usually Auckland or Wellington for driving passenger trains, Palmerston North, Otira or the West Coast (maybe Te Rapa) would be about the only options for getting straight into the freight as a driver. Any time there is a vacancy at a depot it is offered first to existing drivers (based on most senior and most suitable) and then if it isn't filled internally they'll look at upskilling from within the company before recruiting off the street. Subsequently, driving jobs at the smaller sought-after depots (Whangarei, the Mount, Stratford, Napier, Picton, Dunedin etc etc) are pretty much impossible to get without joining the company elsewhere and waiting your turn. At the moment there are a lot of guys getting close to retirement (the average age of driver here in Whangarei would be late 50s early 60s, we have one with 47 years service, five around 40 years, and the baby of the depot just ticked over 30 years service!) so in the next ten or so years there will probably be a big surge of new blood to many of the smaller depots, if they don't all go to Australia that is!!

@david, i was seriously considering it, but if it's gonna mean i might have to move out of auckland then it's a no go. my daughter lives here with her mum so i'm not going anywhere. i can still envy your job tho :)

at work, my boss gives me a few beers before i start because my average sale goes up by about $3 when i have been drinking... ($3 is a lot over 300-400 sales per night)

LOL drinking on the job has certainly gone by the wayside in rail, used to be standard practice back in the good old days...

You certainly wouldn't have to move out of Auckland, they tend to have people wanting to leave so staying there certainly isn't a problem. In fact there's a guy in Auckland with over 50 years service, all in Auckland!!

Christmas came early for me! Today I got offered a job as a Hydraulic and Mechanical Draftsperson... Just finished studying so i hope it turns out to be a great job! Might allow me to spend a couple more dollars on this hobby :cr12:

Yay, congrats!

• 2 weeks later...