help with new sportscar

F15hguy

ok, I did it, impulse bought a sports car on Trade me :P :facepalm:

a 1992 Honda Del Sol, bright red

well just got it back and It has a couple of small issues (which I knew about first)

but most of these are centered around the fact that someone has at somepoint removed the lock barrel for the boot and now I cannot open it, I canncan ot access the compartment from the inside due to a firewall, and there is no internal boot release (that I know about)

my only option that I can see is to poke around with a coathanger through the hole where the lock is and see If I can hit the manual realease on the inside.

any other Ideas????

and if anyone owns one can they post a few pics of the latch mechanism so im not poking round blindly???

lol that's not a sportscar! Also I am sure there must be a boot release inside the car, usually the same lever as the petrol cap popper, most times you just push/pull the opposite way.

I think the del sol has two seperate ones. I think this is the right year...

100_1903.jpg

yeah, it only has the petrol cap popper, and only one cable running to it, the coathanger hasn't worked yet, but lotsa people have opinions on how to use one, and the cops prefer it if I do it at a private address :P now im scratching my head a bit, will try a few more things before bringing out the hacksaw blade

got the manual, its kinda sad one though, according to the del sol groupies the only one thaqt shows del sol's properly is the official honda on, which is gonna take 6 weeks to order in.

but good news is I have found the exact point behind the number plate which you can drill through and acess the mechanism easily, will wait till sunlight to do it though

so your wanting access the boot right?had this on my prelude some jackass tried to take my gear from boot.IF the barrel has been completely taken out and is on right side there should be hole there now.it still has the same mechanism as a popper so u need a bent peiece of coat hanger with a small hooked end and get it in the left side there will be a 15cm piece u can hook onto and pull down hopefully.

By the way del sols are wicked fun my mate had a turbod one great car and scary too

lol, Smashed out the left brake light (got a replacement cheap from wreckers)

found out that the bar that activates the lock had broken off from the mechanism, hence the person smashing lock through.

found a new lock and modified it to the key. hardest part with these cars is that you have to go in about 10cm before you can go sideways to get the lock, tried for 2 days with no success (I'd suck as a car thief)

all good now

Ira, do you have access to that part???,(actually just the leaver and the cable) i'm really keen to put in a backup in case this happens again

and hell yeah its fun to drive, imagine a go cart with a 1.5L engine... can't wait to start playing with the power output

lol that's not a sportscar!
it is the way I drive it :P

damn missus thinks its hers though :x

hell yeah its fun to drive, imagine a go cart with a 1.5L engine... can't wait to start playing with the power output it is the way I drive it :P

damn missus thinks its hers though :x

1.5l model? Very easy to convert to 1.8 motor from integra.

I saw you posted on NZHondas as well, spend some more time on there there's massive info for making Honda's go faster.