Victim's of Marimon Balls"

Jaxxnz

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The judge imposed a sentence of 250 hours of community work to reflect the seriousness of the offences, and said she hoped Community Probation could find an agency placement for her.

Yep. That'll stop future bio security breaches in their tracks !

What a joke.

I understand a one off accidental import from someone who didn't know the imported product was prohibited but 1. She sat bio-security papers as part of her studies and 2. She did it multiple times after being warned. Fully deserved.

Here's an article - http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/7764864 ... n-Trade-Me

And here's a video of it for anyone who missed it on the news - http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/student ... 4356/video

Personally I don't see why anyone would want to take the risk of importing that stuff, especially with the penalties she could have ended up with. And we have many lovely native plants here that can be used in aquariums, so I don't see why anyone would want those rediculous-looking algae balls.

Silly naive girl. Even after being warned from MAF she still went ahead, they should have thrown the book at her.

On another note they are a cool looking ball, too bad it is illegal. I understand why though and completely agree with it. They kind of remind me of tight little balls of riccia.

I reckon she should have studied hard and got some good qualifications, and then looked at getting non-invasive plants added to the allowed list (if that's even possible...) so she could safely import stuff into NZ that won't harm our waterways, instead of importing stuff illegally.

Interesting the disparity in sentencing. Tan got 9 months imprisonment, and a $20k fine. This woman got 6 weeks community service. That clip says she emptied her tanks into broken drains which might have fed into the Avon River so they're now on the search for this algae there. Was Tan ever accused of potentially releasing live plant material into the wild?

Interesting the disparity in sentencing. Tan got 9 months imprisonment, and a $20k fine. This woman got 6 weeks community service. That clip says she emptied her tanks into broken drains which might have fed into the Avon River so they're now on the search for this algae there. Was Tan ever accused of potentially releasing live plant material into the wild?

Funny that. :evil:

edit: To be more clear: I'm annoyed that she got off lightly. Tan got what he deserved and she should have got the same, or worse. She was warned and kept going.

So they can search for it and actually find, or you probably wouldn't know for a couple of years when it started going mental??

Stupid stupid girl. :facepalm: All the drama too "life of a cleaner", didnt care about the consequences prior to getting caught and is now throwing a fit about it ruining her life. She got off light.

she is kinda hot though

:thup: very much so

I naturaly asume that the first time round when they "warned" her that they took the moss from her? I thought a good journalist trying to give every side of the story would add that part. unless ofcourse they didnt....

Should I know who that is? I'm not going to do a Google image search at work, especially with some of the interesting things that turn up on this forum.

Lucrezia Borgia (Italian pronunciation: [luˈkrɛttsja ˈbɔrdʒa]; 18 April 1480 – 24 June 1519) was the illegitimate daughter of Rodrigo Borgia, the powerful Renaissance Valencian who later became Pope Alexander VI, and Vannozza dei Cattanei. Her brothers included Cesare Borgia, Giovanni Borgia, and Gioffre Borgia. It is often suggested that Cesare and Lucrezia may have had an incestuous relationship.[1]

Lucrezia's family later came to epitomize the ruthless Machiavellian politics and sexual corruption alleged to be characteristic of the Renaissance Papacy. Lucrezia was cast as a femme fatale, a role she has been portrayed as in many artworks, novels, and films.

Very little is known of Lucrezia, and the extent of her complicity in the political machinations of her father and brothers is unclear. They certainly arranged several marriages for her to important or powerful men in order to advance their own political ambitions. Lucrezia was married to Giovanni Sforza (Lord of Pesaro), Alfonso of Aragon (Duke of Bisceglie), and Alfonso I d'Este (Duke of Ferrara). Tradition has it that Alfonso of Aragon was an illegitimate son of the King of Naples and that her brother Cesare may have had him murdered after his political value waned.