World Cup Fever

mcrudd

I'm not 'over' it I dont think, I do think the build up was dragged out a bit long though (Tv1 counting down from 100 :facepalm: ). But I think it will be fun and exciting once it has started. The only rugby I support and watch is the All Blacks, I dont know the positions well, I can't play it, but it is relieving to see something that we are renowned for globally. But I think it is best in the main centres, Auckland is going to be the place to be on Friday night for the fireworks (stupid that NZ vs Tonga is on at the same time). It will be a good economic boost hopefully for NZ, but David is right about the outrageous prices, no one is going to pay $200 for a black T with a white fern on it lol, I will just make my own All blacks shirt :D .

Channel 4 on tv is the non-rugby channel and you have fish tanks if you don't want to see any of it, but it would be a shame ignoring the whole thing.

....it will not be good if All blacks dont win though lol.... RIOTS IN THE STREETS! :cofn:

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like rugby, but all the all blacks matches that I've been dragged along to have been amazing. The atmosphere is just crazy... especially in the build up to the world cup.

And I think it cool that the world cup is everywhere. I love walking down ailses in the supermarket and seeing all the world cup stuff; water, weetbix, nutragrain, nappies, bagels, chips, powerade, coke... or driving down the moterway and counting a trillion flags, or going into a gas station and seeing all the teams flags hanging from the roof. It is exciting and it isn't often things like this happen in New Zealand, so we should all just enjoy it whilst it lasts instead of complaining the entire time.

I'm completely sick of all this world cup stuff. It's driving me insane! Every second ad on the tv is about rugby, and a lot of articles in the newspapers are about rugby, and they've even put world cup flags up around the town. I'd rather clean up bird excrement in my aviary than watch the world cup!

I don't even understand the concept of rugby - why not just give them a ball each so they don't have to fight over it like petty little kids?

wow you guys are really negative about it.

Its going to be mean, can't wait.

I think is great for our country, it is bring a lot of people from all over the world to come and spend money in our country, it getting our county more known, witch we need because most people think we are part of Australia.

Can't wait to hit up the town and meet some different people. :happy1: :happy1:

Just wish it was next year, because i would have started working and have some money.

as said before - people coming over are being ripped off - i know of people that were booking flights between akl and wlg months ago to take advantage of getting in quick etc and the prices were ridiculously expensive compared to before and after the games. airlines, hotels, motels and eateries are going to be taking the piss...

the sooner its over the better. :an!gry

rant over

I think that everyone who signs up for a sport-holiday knows they have to spend lots because that's just what happens, all the businesses milk it for all it's worth. And if you're on holiday who cares, it's the fun that counts. I doubt people who went to the Olympics or the Commonwealth games thought they'd get cheap deals around those cities.

I'd rather clean up bird excrement in my aviary than watch the world cup!

I don't even understand the concept of rugby - why not just give them a ball each so they don't have to fight over it like petty little kids?

Wow, you would rather clean crap than sit down with a beer and watch competition? Nice.

You don't understand the concept? Its sport lol. fail.

I'd rather clean up bird excrement in my aviary than watch the world cup!

Maybe when you're an adult you'll understand, then maybe not, but it's sad when you can't support your own country playing a sport they play really well!

Your thoughts on rugby are pretty rubbish. Sounds like a thrilling sport to watch. :happy1:

I find most birds stupidly boring, and I don't understand why people even keep them, so I don't post in those threads about my hatred for things that make annoying noises. :thup:

You don't understand the concept? Its sport lol. fail.

:lol:

Stephanie I have to disagree about the all blacks playing well - didn't they recently loose the tri-nations? I dont even follow rugby but because its getting so much airtime in the news im forced to hear about how crap they are.

So you don't follow rugby but yet you know they lost the tri nations? All blacks aren't bad... Not as bad as SA anyway. At least I learnt my three times tables watching the NZ SA game :slfg:

Stephanie I have to disagree about the all blacks playing well - didn't they recently loose the tri-nations? I dont even follow rugby but because its getting so much airtime in the news im forced to hear about how crap they are.

That aside, we do have a pretty decent record, and you can't deny the fact we have a good team. They're bound to lose a few games, no team is going to be perfect yeah? We'll see how good they are soon enough. :wink:

I just hate negativity when it comes to our little country. Considering we have considerably less people living here than Australia, South Africa, America, etc, we do very well when it comes to sports in general.

I can't wait until the cup is over and the news starts hyping up the Fight For Life in December. Surely no one can bag on Jonah fighting for charity? :happy1:

So you don't follow rugby but yet you know they lost the tri nations? All blacks aren't bad... Not as bad as SA anyway. At least I learnt my three times tables watching the NZ SA game :slfg:

tell me about it - there is far too much rugby mentioned in the news - its rugby this rugby that - its unfortunate that i know that much about rugby !!!

:slfg: