World Cup Fever

mcrudd

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got through the first half and then went to bed. It was a more interesting game than NZ vs Tonga I thought, faster and more aggressive. Those guys were out for blood compared to NZ and Tonga who seemed to be going through the motions against people they were fond of and didn't want to offend by winning too much haha.

I think that's it for me and rugby now, I'm all rugbied out. I don't enjoy the start-stop roll around on the ground stuff, seems to get in the way of the game.

I prefer football as a sport to watch.

:digH:

It seems to me that the reason the trains failed was due to idiots pressing the emergency buttons and walking on the tracks. I do not see how the train system itself can be blamed for human stupidity

I bet half of those buttons wouldn't have been pushed if trains were actually moving. If the normally 50-minute trip to town from Papakura had taken me triple that and we then sat stationary at Auckland Port for half an hour with little or no communication I think I would have been ready to abandon ship too! People were actually collapsing from heat exhaustion on some of the crowded trains, it was really that bad. Yes there was an element of human stupidity [letting off fire extinguishers etc] but even before that started things had already gone belly up.

From what I saw, once things deviated from the planned schedule the running of the operation was taken over by headless chickens with little or no ability to think and act swiftly and decisively. Empty services were running past packed platforms without picking up people (despite stopping there for red signals), packed services were told they still must still stop at all stations instead of running directly to town despite already being full to capacity, trains taking far too long to be turned around at Britomart, the strand [and port sidings and other options] were not being fully utilised to clear congestion, etc etc. Yes there were larger-than-expected crowds, but really all this should have done was fill the trains up more, not cause the schedule to go completely out the window.

The funny thing is that at the start of my shift we were taking bets as to how long it would take for the schedule to go out the window. Almost any driver will say "I told you so..."

We were on Tv four times, but these are the only two times I could get a kind off clear pic of a youtube video :slfg:

Me and Hubby in the lower left corner, in all blacks gear :)

1.jpg

2.jpg

Whole family in the red square, just hubbys hands this time, he was covered by a Fijian flag

Oh and just a friendly warning if you think about taking your kids along. do NOT get them the free clappers as you enter :facepalm:

Thanks to two rugby players who injured their poor wee selves last night, a fellow patient and I who have been desperately waiting for our ACC MRI scans, have been postponed another week as the rugby players take precedence!!! :an!gry :an!gry :an!gry :an!gry :an!gry :an!gry :an!gry :an!gry :an!gry