Everything posted by paige.xo
-
Wellington marine centre poisoned
This was so sick.
-
Found a turtle...
Sorry, I didn't check back here for a couple of days. (Busy with exams at the moment.) I will get hold of you if i need to, after I've talked to my auntie. I don't know anything about turtles. It wasn't found near any water or anything, which is why I assumed it was a lost pet.
-
Found a turtle...
My auntie found a turtle on our farm in Bombay. I haven't been around to check it out yet, but they bought food from the pet shop, so at least its been fed. I thought, I'd come back here because I am unsure what they should do now and I thought some one here might offer a ~professional~ opinion. (I really don't want them to keep it, because they aren't exactly the kind of people who would properly care for it. Not in a bad way, just that they wouldn't know what to do or want to do any research) Are there any places where people might advertise a missing turtle? What should they do next if they don't find the owner? (Find it a home? SPCA?) Thanks heaps.
-
Breeding Siamese Fighters
Yeah, I bought a couple from him before and it is ages away. They are nice fish though; kind of big, but that isn't too much of a problem.
-
Breeding Siamese Fighters
There is a guy on trade me with some rather nice fighters. I tried breeding them mid last year, but I gave up because I didn't have the time required to do it successfully with school and everything. I'd love to try again one day, but right now, I'm in the middle of moving houses and don't have any fish tanks running. They are my still favourite fish though and I'd hate to see all the quality lines die out here.
-
Fish that like current?
Just wondering what fish enjoy a strong current. I need some fish for my 70L semi-planted tank that can tolerate a lot of current. I currently just have a small school of harlequins. Thanks
-
Light for 64L (60cm long) tank?
Yes, They do. I buy mine second hand of trade me, although you should be able to buy them from pet shops as well?
-
World Cup Fever
I don't like rugby, but all the all blacks matches that I've been dragged along to have been amazing. The atmosphere is just crazy... especially in the build up to the world cup. And I think it cool that the world cup is everywhere. I love walking down ailses in the supermarket and seeing all the world cup stuff; water, weetbix, nutragrain, nappies, bagels, chips, powerade, coke... or driving down the moterway and counting a trillion flags, or going into a gas station and seeing all the teams flags hanging from the roof. It is exciting and it isn't often things like this happen in New Zealand, so we should all just enjoy it whilst it lasts instead of complaining the entire time.
-
Any sims fans out there?
I only have Sims 3 now. All the old Sims went when I got my laptop...
-
temperament of fighters
Most of mine have been too lazy to chase fry; but I did have one that chased guppy fry all the time; I don't know how many he actually ate... It helps if your tank is planted because he seemed to find it harder to chase fry through plants.
-
Last attempt...
Okay, So I have been attempting to breed betta for the last two months with no real success. I have two nice pairs; one halfmoon and one crowntail. Last time, I had an almost perfect spawn; huge bubblenest, super fast and gentle. It seemed to be going good; until I took the female out and the male decided it was a great idea to eat all the eggs. :an!gry I think I have been doing all the 'right' things; it just isn't working. I've decided to have one last attempt before I take a break from fighters altogether. Do you guys have any advice or hints as to what I might be doing wrong?
-
raw eat for dog die
I've never owned big dogs, but there is a pet shop in puke that encourages raw dog food? Maybe. I've just seen it advertised when I've been in there looking at fish stuff. :oops: Here is the website anyway. http://www.gourmetpetfood.co.nz
-
setting up of new tank
Have you read about the nitrogen cycle? Once you understand this fish keeping becomes a lot easier! http://fishkeepers.co.nz/index.php/setting_up_a_tank/ To answer your question, as soon as the ammonia and nitrite levels have reached zero and your tank is cycled. Although, don't add all your fish at once, as this may cause an ammonia spike that will hurt/kill your fish. You can cycle your tank with fish, but I prefer not to do that... HTH
-
All dead!
Awww ! :tears: That sucks! Is the temperature normal? Just an idea with all the cold lately...
-
Snowing in Hataitai
It snowed today at school in Pukekohe. Although are a few arguments going about whether or not it was a just sleet... :roll:
-
Best personality fish?
Actually, Most of the fish I have owned have had pretty cool personalities... Except for perhaps my neons...
- Best personality fish?
-
The loaches, corydora & oto tank - movies from page 11
I love fighters. :love: I plan to breed them soon. Also, want to breed cories... but I only have three at the moment. ( :smot: )
-
The loaches, corydora & oto tank - movies from page 11
Like a fighter fish!!
-
Tank Cycling.
http://www.hollywoodfishfarm.co.nz/detail/view/tlc-freshwater-startsmart-125ml/m/1178/ Does any one know if this works?
-
New Tank Stocking
By 'better' I meant which is easier to keep, better for this tank, prettier etc.
-
New Tank Stocking
I was thinking about either a couple of Apistogramma Agassizii or Macmasteri? Which of these are 'better'?
-
New Tank Stocking
I have a 60-70L tank lying around that I am going to set up. I will probably use sand substrate and have it quite heavily planted. I want it to be different from my other tanks, so I was thinking about a pair of dwarf cichlids, if they would be okay in a tank this size. Do you guys have any suggestions for stocking? I am open to all ideas.
-
Tank Cycling.
I am setting up 30L tank and want it to cycle before the end of the holiday, which is in a week. Usually I would just throw in a couple of guppies and some media from an older filter, but I don't have any guppies any more and I'm using a sponge filter in this tank. Could I just run the sponge filter in one of my current tank and then transfer it to the new one? Also does anyone use products during their cycle? (stress zyme, cycle etc.) Thanks
-
Are fishkeepers the nerds of the pet owning world?
I don't get called a fish nerd because I keep fighting fish. My friends think this is infinitely cooler than when I had guppies. 8) I also don't tell them all the 'weird' stuff I have to do to look after them. (checking pH, nitrites, nitrates, ammonia, doing daily water changes, growing micro-worm cultures for the babies, defrosting blood-worms for them.... You know, all the stuff people don't do with their gold fish. )