World Cup Fever

mcrudd

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Caryl, you must know your place in the world :sage:

:-?

I don't think she appreciates bumfed off an appointment to help sort out some treatment for an ailment that has been causing her excruciating pain, a lack of sleep and inability to work the hours she normally does for the last three months just because some high profile sportsmen happen to injure themselves the night before...

Aww Caryl that sucks, surely the Rugby player could wait a wee while so you could go first, that is total discrimination :an!gry

On the other hand, our little home made banner made it to the news again, this time it was on the front page of the online Nz Herald, I would put a pic but its basically the same as the one above anyways. Hahaha with all this publicity its causing a person would think we would get an allblack game ticket from some organasion (sp) :sml1:

I don't think she appreciates bumfed off an appointment to help sort out some treatment for an ailment that has been causing her excruciating pain, a lack of sleep and inability to work the hours she normally does for the last three months just because some high profile sportsmen happen to injure themselves the night before...

neither would I, I was being sarcastic

I would have thought the rugby players would have been seen out of hours if they are so important! Or, since I assume they have moved on, get their MRIs from a larger centre, like ChCh, that has spare appts and no need to delay someone else.

At the very least, the MRI place could have chosen to delay two Nelson people, rather than two who had to arrange transport from Blenheim, a driver, and the driver's day off work! The other woman postponed will now lose her job as they can't hold it open any longer. The rugby players get sidelined, on full pay, with all the physio etc laid on and paid for and still get back on the team :an!gry

I dunno Alan. The other receptionist at our work is a black belt and she gets lots of injuries. We also have a patient about to go for his but was sidelined more than once due to injuries. The funniest one was when he tore his shoulder demonstrating to the beginners the proper way to fall :sml1:

The Foxy Morons did very well in the RWC round last night at Quiz with questions based on the RWC countries. Last week we got a bonus point for correctly identifying all the RWC uniforms (needless to say I did not contribute to that round!)

We also won last night's event and are only 2 points behind the overall top scoring Microbes. The final is next week :happy2: :happy1:

Poor Scotland they played so well! Fricken I think people need to play the ball on the ground not kicking it all the time!!! :an!gry pretty much every game is just drop kick drop kick penalty!!

Gutted for Scotland.

Funny you should mention the kicking,here's a copy an dpaste from my local forum(Ireland),that one of the lads posted

"Super 14's is all kicking and it's fairly dire viewing imo. Went to a few matches when I was over there and it was tortourous to watch. I wouldn't want that for Ireland, no matter how successful we could be."

Can't really argue with him.

yeah we'll miss him, but we've still got a strong team. while we're certainly not assured the cup, none of the other teams are playing well. south africa looked shakey against wales and samoa. australia have lost players to injury and are terrible in the scrums and mauls. england only just scraped past scotland and france are rubbish. if we keep it tight and hold onto the ball i reckon we'll be right.

Undie boy's groin injury IS NOT A TRAGEDY! It does not require many minutes of prime time news!!! Yes, I am sure he is disappointed but I do wish the media would keep things ion perspective. It is just a game!!! :roll:

while i'm sure i place a lot more importance in rugby and the world cup than you, i have to agree. the herald website is completely dominated by different peoples opinion of carters injury. yes it is newsworthy, but so are a lot of other things. there is huge civil unrest in the middle east and europe, the economy is perilously close to another collapse and millions are in famine across africa. yet a groin strain dominates all media. new zealand journalism seems to be getting lazier and more tabloid based by the day. i was in the supermarket the other day and couldn't help but compare the newspapers to the womans periodicals, and there wasn't a lot of difference to what was on the front covers of each