Best Tanks on The Web

peet

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aquariums are like art. One could be the most beautiful thing you have ever seen, and to someone else, the ugliest.

I agree. And even if you happen to think it's aesthetically super ugly (which I do sorry Joe :D ), you can still admire the skill and technique involved.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Most of those plants are available in NZ. The only things this tank has that we don't have is Spikey Moss (but you could use Peacock Moss or Christmas Moss) and Cladophora (but I can't even see where this is used in the tank anyway).

Here's a video.

And here's the specs...

http://www.tropica.com/en/layouts/layou ... ption.aspx

Super easy to set up something like this. Anyone can do it, and it has definitely made me reconsider my dream tank with halides and high-tech equipment :P

IAPLC 2012 rank #21 Georgi Chaushev BULGARIA

558427_10150902916850796_1284957700_n.jpg

I love perspective tanks but don't think I have enough skill and experience to pull one off. The same tank ranked #280 in the 2011 IAPLC but due to a couple of adjustments it moved up to spot #21 in the 2012 contest.

Rank #280 2011 IAPLC

483199_10150902916785796_2125689811_n.jpg

Looks like all the rock work is the same, just a bit adder to the hill? and much better growth and colour on the plants

I'm thinking it's less talent and more availability. We don't really get the chance to buy large plants here. I'm sure overseas has a much greater selection.

I think it is a little bit of both, but without talent, availability is not important at all.

I've seen very very very beautiful tanks just using 1 type of plan or using plants that can be bought at any aquarium shop in NZ