Best Tanks on The Web

peet

I think it is a little bit of both, but without talent, availability is not important at all.

I've seen very very very beautiful tanks just using 1 type of plan or using plants that can be bought at any aquarium shop in NZ

IMO we have a good range here, you should be able to make something outstanding (and many people do) with what we have.

its more a "it would be nice" thing with more range.

I agree with both of these. We have a sufficient range of plants in NZL, any plants you see overseas can be substituted for one from our local range.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How do people scape a tank when entering a competion? is it all set up months in advance and maintained, this is something that has always confussed me

Most enter with the competition in mind and try to replicate a nature scene found terrestrially. Then about a month before the competition they make sure the scape is looking clean, trim the plants back into shape and wait for them to grow a little so it doesn't look too artificial. There's a rule in some competitions forbidding photos of the aquarium to be reproduced before the competition which leads to much secrecy and ruins the fun of aquascaping IMO.

I always thought they send in an independent photographer for the final entry pics

Not always possible with international competitions, the logistics and expense of that would be crazy. There have been a few (rare) cases of people editing their photos, not just colour balancing and light correction either, adding more plants and/or fish which is against the rules.

• 2 weeks later...