February 26, 201214 yr comment_474109 I actually think the gravel kind of works with that one... I'm not normally a fan of un-natural looking gravels, however that one kinda brings out the reds in the plants. Report
February 26, 201214 yr comment_474121 Aquariums are like art. One could be the most beautiful thing you have ever seen, and to someone else, the ugliest. Report
February 26, 201214 yr comment_474134 Aquariums are like art. One could be the most beautiful thing you have ever seen, and to someone else, the ugliest. I agree. And even if you happen to think it's aesthetically super ugly (which I do sorry Joe ), you can still admire the skill and technique involved. Report
February 26, 201214 yr comment_474149 Woow love those path way lay out.. :thup: :thup: Thanks you for shearing this pics :thup: Report
March 9, 201214 yr comment_475942 This one's cool. Do we have the green lotus in NZ? Nymphaea glandulifera I think from the description. Report
July 17, 201214 yr comment_490092 Wow that's beautiful! !drool: One of George Farmer's scapes isn't it? I remember seeing that photo somewhere a while ago. Report
September 18, 201214 yr comment_497490 That is amazing, wish I had a fraction of their talent! Report
September 18, 201214 yr comment_497492 I'm thinking it's less talent and more availability. We don't really get the chance to buy large plants here. I'm sure overseas has a much greater selection. Report
September 18, 201214 yr comment_497495 Most of those plants are available in NZ. The only things this tank has that we don't have is Spikey Moss (but you could use Peacock Moss or Christmas Moss) and Cladophora (but I can't even see where this is used in the tank anyway). Here's a video. And here's the specs... http://www.tropica.com/en/layouts/layou ... ption.aspx Super easy to set up something like this. Anyone can do it, and it has definitely made me reconsider my dream tank with halides and high-tech equipment Report
September 18, 201214 yr comment_497497 Joe, I meant the size of the plants. We could spend months trying to get them to grow properly, but overseas they can just buy them big and plant them. Report
September 18, 201214 yr comment_497517 seems to be a heap of good aquascapes coming out of bulgaria atm Report
September 18, 201214 yr comment_497533 I love perspective tanks but don't think I have enough skill and experience to pull one off. The same tank ranked #280 in the 2011 IAPLC but due to a couple of adjustments it moved up to spot #21 in the 2012 contest. Rank #280 2011 IAPLC Report
September 19, 201214 yr comment_497609 IAPLC 2012 rank #21 Georgi Chaushev BULGARIA I love perspective tanks but don't think I have enough skill and experience to pull one off. The same tank ranked #280 in the 2011 IAPLC but due to a couple of adjustments it moved up to spot #21 in the 2012 contest. Rank #280 2011 IAPLC Looks like all the rock work is the same, just a bit adder to the hill? and much better growth and colour on the plants Report
September 19, 201214 yr comment_497617 Yeah but it up bumped it almost 260 places! The idea of putting the taller plants in the foreground is interesting, creates a totally different perspective. Report
September 20, 201214 yr comment_497868 I'm thinking it's less talent and more availability. We don't really get the chance to buy large plants here. I'm sure overseas has a much greater selection. I think it is a little bit of both, but without talent, availability is not important at all. I've seen very very very beautiful tanks just using 1 type of plan or using plants that can be bought at any aquarium shop in NZ Report
September 20, 201214 yr comment_497871 IMO we have a good range here, you should be able to make something outstanding (and many people do) with what we have. its more a "it would be nice" thing with more range. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.