The What's Up? thread.

SamH

The American's Cup thing is a lark. Both boats were built in NZ, both boats were tweaked by kiwis and yet somehow the Americans won with nary a yank in sight.

:dno:

and beside Larry himself no one gives a hoot over there - most of the fans were bought for a free meal and a US flag (so I've been told) at least WE KNOW, WE DIDN'T cheat...

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ah but the gumment says it will be good for us, it will lift our morale and deflect our attention away from more contentious issues

:sml1: :sml1: :sml1:

Don't forget the Aussies getting on board over the ditch.

At least the 36M they are contributing is only 1 days worth of tax income. 1 day to many, but only 1 at the end of the day.

Yahe NRL grand final day!!!

Go the junior Warriors! booooooooo Manly.

Personally I'm all for government support of another americas cup challenge. It puts New Zealand on the international stage. As has already been stated both boats were using New Zealand technology and craftsmanship (as well as sailing talent). This situation has come about because of continued New Zealand involvement in the cup. The New Zealand boat building industry grows after every cup challenge (regardless of the result) and if we were to win it the gains are huge.

Yes it's a rich mans sport, but they are exactly the people we want spending thier money here

I liked some of it. Tairua was nice, a pleasant little town and I'd go there again.

Places I never need to go back to:

Pauanui, Whangamata, Whitianga. All the scenery in around the areas were pretty as usual but I find the townships quite sterile and boring.

Actually I looked for you because there was a convoy of cars touring the area, and I thought you might have been in that group. I only saw hot rods though, no zippy little mazdas.

I don't know. It could be a good thing or a bad thing, only time will tell.

It's gotta be good 8)

I'm happy to say my 1996 car just passed a warrant. The kindly bloke informed me that one of the CV boots was split and has left me to get it fixed instead of failing it.

My '94 Lancer flew through it! Could they not repair it then pass you?

If it were something else I might have wanted that, but this time I wouldn't want them to fix it. This place charges $145 for replacing a CV boot + $20 a day for a loan car but the mechanic I had the other one done at charges for 1 hour labour and was happy for me to supply the part, and loaned me a car for nothing.

Also I don't like mechanics who charge a set fee regardless of the time spent, I'd rather pay for what was needed, especially if it took a bit less time.