The What's Up? thread.

SamH

We have a relly with aspergers. They say it is mild but he has some very typical characteristics. Like many, he is brilliant with it, but in many ways socially inept. Maths and music are his thing but always get picked on and does not ignore or respond in an acceptable way. Unfortunately we teach lots of things to our kids but not that some kids are different for a number of ways and that it is OK.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why can't something be done about the bullying? Is there such a thing as restraining orders for young people? If I didn't know better I'd write to the school myself but it's not my place to do that and it makes me so mad! :an!gry

Yeah right, teachers don't wanna get their hands dirty or spend their time dealing with the bullies, dragging a teacher into it rarely solves it anyways.

Just tough it out Joe, the higher up the education system you get, the more they drop off. Just keep doing what makes you happy and follow that as a career. I try to spend as little time at school as possible and as much time at home or work, easier in year 13 though of course.

the higher up the education system you get, the more they drop off.

So true, and then you go to uni/polytech and people either have matured and got over themselves, or being the small fish in the big tank again pulls them together, or maybe it being in classes of like-minded or similiar minded people, either way, Uni/polytech years are MUCH easier to get on with...

We went to the SPCA to pick up our foster cat. Her name is Camelia and she needs to get used to people so they can find her a home...

DSC06691.jpg

I went to our SPCA today and saw and held a kitty that instantly clicked with me. Problem is it is a female and we thought we would get a male. We already have a male and female which love to hate each other - boy is irritating to girl. I am wondering if it would work.

Kitty is very sweet.

My camera focuses automatically, and when it is dark the shutter speed is slower. So it didn't quite focus properly, and I had more time to develope the image than when I take photos during the day because they are captured much more quickly due to all of that bright sunlight. I took this when I was in the car, of street lights and other cars. As I pressed the shutter button I wiggled the camera a wee bit which produces the cool patterns :thup:

Thanks for the comments guys! I posted them here because this is seperate from my holiday project. I will only be taking photos occasionally now since I am back at school.

Oh so it was an accident? I thought you had a DSLR for some reason :-?

Yeah I don't have a DSLR :( I will most likely be getting one later this year so I'm really excited :happy2:

Just bought 12 neons, 2 female guppies and 1 import male guppy to liven up the big tank a bit because all the platy fry are really small still. Floating them now but I really need to get rid of all that duckweed :x

Took my bicycle in to get a flat tyre fixed, lost the right tools to do it. Turns out it's all a bit loose and the break pads are gone so now it's in for a service. Haven't ridden it in years and this video doesn't help :sml1:

Took my bicycle in to get a flat tyre fixed, lost the right tools to do it. Turns out it's all a bit loose and the break pads are gone so now it's in for a service. Haven't ridden it in years and this video doesn't help :sml1:

:sick: :o :rotf:

That just made my day