Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The What's Up? thread.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 5.5k
  • Views 532.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Decided to downsize my fish collection to one small tank. Now i'm cleaning out the breeding trap in small tank because it contains about 40-50 platy fry. :roll:

And they're my favourite fish and yellow with black spots and all super healthy! So I guess it's time for a grow out tank. :facepalm:

I shall drive back to Palmy this evening. Was good to have Monday off work.

Spent the 'long weekend' in New Plymouth. This place is amazing and the view from my parent's house is awesome - Mount Taranaki from one window and the ocean from the other. I think I shall spend more and more time in the Naki now.

are you finished your study now or do you just mean 'in between'?

and is this really a cover for 'oh look, here is another house I can make new aquascapes at'? :slfg:

... cause if it is... :spop: in advance

Went for my CT scan guided nerve root injection today but the radiologist said the scans were not clear enough and recommended I say no the injection as there was only a 50% chance it would work. He said I should have had an MRI scan first so now I have to wait a week to go back to the orthopaedic surgeon to get his referral for one. I will have to go to Nelson or ChCh for it as we do not have one here. Surgeon only sees people 2 days per week, hence the wait.

I will go over tomorrow and ask why I have to see him again and why can't he just do the damned referral!! :an!gry

I figure the radiologist is the one to listen to, especially as this orthopaedic surgeon does not do backs (saw him though as he had the shortest waiting list).

I thought, at the original appt with him, he told me I had to have an MRI and was confused when I got an appt for a CT. When I queried it I was told I had to have the CT first.

Apparently if I lived just about anywhere else there would have been no question that I would have the MRI first. :roll:

One of the disadvantages of living in a small town with limited medical facilities. :evil:

Ah well, Joe will have to empty my spare tank himself if he wants to use it :wink:

Small tank, next to sink, 5 minute job at most 8)

I've been off school today because I am sick again :an!gry For some annoying reason I keep catching colds. This happens every year around winter/spring.

Today I got a new shirt for my husband to 95% finished state and then realised I'd sewn the buttonholes too far over and I may not be able to fix it, a terminal error. I am not very pleased with myself ...4.gif7.gif.... need to stop being mad so I can think of solutions :cry:

Today I got a new shirt for my husband to 95% finished state and then realised I'd sewn the buttonholes too far over and I may not be able to fix it, a terminal error. I am not very pleased with myself ...4.gif7.gif.... need to stop being mad so I can think of solutions :cry:

kerosene and a lighter?

Collected another 40kg of black sand from Muriwai. Should have the big tank ready to add fish by this time next week.

how are you doing it this time? Let me know if you ever want to sell those threadfins :wink:

how are you doing it this time? Let me know if you ever want to sell those threadfins :wink:

Black sand with a big pile of rocks at one end and then a fair bit of open water and a couple of swords in the rocks. I've now got 8 heckelii so hopefully I get a pair or 2 breeding. I'll be incorporating some big caves in the rock pile to try to promote it.

some nice tree ferns in nz as well :wink:

1.gif

Oh yes, I just discovered it 2 years ago !

I've been pretty fascinated by treeferns for a long time.

I wish one day I could walk under some.

Meanwhile, I'm fitting out a greeNZ house ! ;)

img_5796nb.jpg

img_5667-1.jpg

Black sand with a big pile of rocks at one end and then a fair bit of open water and a couple of swords in the rocks. I've now got 8 heckelii so hopefully I get a pair or 2 breeding. I'll be incorporating some big caves in the rock pile to try to promote it.

what you need is a shoal of pygmy corydora

what you need is a shoal of pygmy corydora

I fear they'd become dinner for the heckelii. The pandas are only just big enough and they haven't been introduced to the new male which is huge! I'd like them for the lounge tank but can't afford them at the moment.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.