January 28, 201115 yr comment_418824 I did die on an error in the stats submitted... error# 9 :dunno: Report
January 28, 201115 yr comment_418826 :dunno: I'll have to look up the error codes... Errant " in the URL, you trying to hack my server? Could you PM me what you pasted/what steps you did, incase there is an error in my code Edit: I'm guessing that there are ' " ' in the stats that you submitted? Report
January 29, 201115 yr comment_418850 This test was based as a "Tauranga" test, it wont show Kawerau. Our exchange is cr*p!! Report
January 29, 201115 yr comment_418857 This test was based as a "Tauranga" test, it wont show Kawerau. Our exchange is cr*p!! The test site is just a datacentre somewhere ie only in large cities. Report
January 29, 201115 yr comment_418870 Fairly average for me. I often get near 19 on downloads. Airnet has their own racks in the exchange and doesn't share/piggy-back off the Telecom network. Therefore it's always stable and high speed... I never get below 14Mb. Report
January 30, 201115 yr comment_418952 Fairly average for me. I often get near 19 on downloads. Airnet has their own racks in the exchange and doesn't share/piggy-back off the Telecom network. Therefore it's always stable and high speed... I never get below 14Mb. Dam shame Airnet is not in Auckland :tears: Report
January 30, 201115 yr comment_418953 Dam shame Airnet is not in Auckland :tears: Orcon, Vodafone and I think Compass all have their own gear in Auckland. Other ISPs piggy back off those too. Auckland has the best selection in New Zealand. Report
January 30, 201115 yr comment_419029 NZ is way behind parts of the world. I regularly travel to South Korea where they have one of the fastest internet speeds currently available. From the hotel I get 40-50Mbits and it's free! NZ hotels and ISP's need to wake up. Report
January 30, 201115 yr comment_419033 They have the population to pay for it too! There are a lot of places in the USA who don't get the speeds we get. Report
January 30, 201115 yr comment_419052 They have the population to pay for it too! There are a lot of places in the USA who don't get the speeds we get. Yeah, but that's banjo country! Report
January 30, 201115 yr comment_419068 no, most places outside of the cities, London is also has many broadband blackholes Report
January 30, 201115 yr comment_419069 We often had difficulty finding internet access in the UK - or finding someone who knew where to go for it. It was also very expensive in the hotels. Report
February 14, 201115 yr comment_421738 Central Auckland, and look at the dismal speeds =/. Did the test a few time and the Max I got was around 3Mb/s. Main reason why I can't play online games any more I reckon . I hope ADSL2+ will actually improve this, ETA June apparently. Don't think it should be any problems on my end since I used to get better speeds before they stopped the go large plan a few years back and I was basically forced to switch. Report
February 14, 201115 yr comment_421753 Central Auckland, and look at the dismal speeds =/. Did the test a few time and the Max I got was around 3Mb/s. Main reason why I can't play online games any more I reckon . I hope ADSL2+ will actually improve this, ETA June apparently. Don't think it should be any problems on my end since I used to get better speeds before they stopped the go large plan a few years back and I was basically forced to switch. Sorry to tell you the bad news, but if those are your current speeds, ADSL2+ won't help Report
February 15, 201115 yr comment_421795 Sorry to tell you the bad news, but if those are your current speeds, ADSL2+ won't help I'm around 300m from the local cabinet/exchange, would have though the connection would be better? It is now off peak time and this is the only computer running and the speed is still the same, I'm not downloading anything either. Any idea what I can do to find out where the problem is? Here is my Line Stats: DSL Type: G.992.5 annex A Maximum Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 977 / 3.516 Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 977 / 3.541 Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/MB]: 4,83 / 24,08 Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12,0 / 15,5 Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 25,5 / 42,5 SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 13,0 / 12,0 I really don't know how to look at these numbers, so if anyone can give me a clue of what I can do I would really appreciate it. I am trying to avoid calling telecom, as every time I have called, it has taken me 1.5hours of repeating the same tests with a clueless support staff member, then waiting a day for a 'level 2' to call back and tell me what the problem 'might' be. Report
February 15, 201115 yr comment_421826 Ice I ran those stats through http://adsl.tin2tin.net and these are the results: http://adsl.tin2tin.net/yourstats.php?statsID=149959&tab=2 but NZ uses a 12db SNR so those reading will be a bit high for a NZ line. Those stats would suggest a line length of about 3km Have a read of that site (test tab) and do a quiet line test to see if there is noise on the line. Report
February 15, 201115 yr comment_421856 Ice I ran those stats through http://adsl.tin2tin.net and these are the results: http://adsl.tin2tin.net/yourstats.php?statsID=149959&tab=2 but NZ uses a 12db SNR so those reading will be a bit high for a NZ line. Those stats would suggest a line length of about 3km Have a read of that site (test tab) and do a quiet line test to see if there is noise on the line. Oh Well, I've had no luck finding the master socket. So I suppose I'll just have to wait a week till my dad's back and check if he knows. Thanks anyway. Report
February 15, 201115 yr comment_421918 If you are only 300m from the exchange or cabinet, then something is seriously wrong. I'd say you have some dodgy wiring somewhere or a device other than your modem connected directly to the line without a filter. Have you tried unplugging everything (phones, fax machines, 56k modems, sky decoders, alarms, answering machines, caller ID units etc) from the phone line to see if it improves? You should also try connecting your router to different jackpoints around the house to see if it gets better / worse on them. Also, connect your router directly without using a filter when doing these tests. Report
February 15, 201115 yr comment_421926 saw the above in the ookla facebook group , Ozzies are so lucky :-? Group is here : http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/teamookla Report
February 15, 201115 yr comment_421935 Here's what I get from my hotel in Hong Kong at a jaw dropping $25 NZD per day!!!! It's very slow and insanely expensive for what it is... Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.