Ooohh... Earthquake

Zev

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my step sisters mum is missing, i hope that turns out ok.

hoping they find her safe and well.

Our family and friends down there are all well, tho one through pure luck stepped out of the cathedral literally a minute or two before the quake hit.

Thinking of everyone down there, and those who are waiting anxiously for news.

people been trapped in buildings overnight :(

just got power on here(hope filter hasn't died off), lost 2 of my tanks which sucks, water everywhere, only 2 losses which is pretty amazing really...

came home about 6 hours after the quake to find 4 bristlenose still alive on the floor O_O

my thoughts go out to those in cbd an there families

hope you are all doing ok

just like everyone else my property is ruined an flooded, silt upto 60cm deep in some places... so glad i just sold my racer car an got a 4x4. I was heading threw water that was coming in the doors of my truck seen cars half submerged in water/cracks.

now 1 massive clean up ahead

I was lucky enough to be strolling through Hagley Park when it hit... Didn't have any idea how major it was til I hit Riccarton Rd. I've managed to get a flight home today. No sleep last night.

All work collegues are accounted for, hope everyone from this forum are safe and well.

If anyone in Christchurch needs anything, (fish related or other even) please do text Mystic, she has her phone on her all the time.

We will send you what you need if we can. (if its even possible for you guys down there to recieve anything through the post\courier?)

We could house fish, have spare tanks we can pull out.

Also happy to help out anyone in Wellington that may need help if they are helping those in ChCh.

We can help with any animals etc that may need help, or someone to go feed them or whatever.

Please dont hesitate!

Take care and we are all thinking of you.

(021) 264-2882

"We wont give up hope"

Mystic & Lucid

I lost my new african rack, only got it set up on Saturday, 500 litres flowing out garage door and fish everywhere. lost one of the kids tanks in his bedroom too.

I have tank space available in my fishroom in avonhead if anyone needs it, have power and water here.

Called in on John at organism, he is ok but shop is a mess, plant rack disintergrated all over floor, but no fish tank losses.

cell is 027 222 3597

Alan lives close to me and our house did not fare well. We lost all our fish, discus, featherfin, the lot. We couldnt get home in time to save them. Still no power So we had to grab the lizzards and head to my parents and put them with hot water bottles. Left our house with fish water everywhere. Hope someone can get to Alan soon

Donna here. I've got lots of damage, broken tanks etc. One turtle was trapped by her arm jammed in glass and glass caused some eye injuries but all superficial. One tank not broken had the exo-tera light fell in it causing the 75watt phillips flood light bulb to explode in the water. Will that water be safe to use? Is there mercury or anything in the bulb that will have polluted the water? I have many turtles dry docked and sharing 'water time' in one remaining tank...which has a slow leak. Using water from the dehumidifier to keep another tank topped up as most of water out of it. I was in the garage, got thrown to concrete floor, tables etc crashing down all around me and garage door flying shut etc. VERY scary and loud. Neighbours chimney fell and blocked my drive for a few hours. Lights broken and glass flung far and wide. Water on the ceiling...lettuce stuck up there! VERY stressed. Need to work this afternoon....not looking forward to leaving the house. Not slept at all. Erica came around last night with a wet vax thing and was here till midnight helping get water up. One room a neighbour ripped the carpet up and threw outside. Lots of things broken. My EQC payout chq. is sitting uncashed on the bench....wont be any worth now.... Liquifaction in the back yard. But we all alive.

There wasn't any power/phone/water on in Shirley, so I imagine Alan's place is similar, prob is fine but just out of contact. *fingers crossed*

My tanks are standing, just lots of water lost & still no power. Have covered in blankets & will have to hope for the best as not sure when I'll return home. Fishfreak in our club has lost all his though :(

Jennifer has just contacted me, she is at Alan's, he is ok but everything in the house was totaled. She is staying there to help out for a while.

:tears: :tears: :tears:

Feel so helpless to do anything to help.

Thanks for the info on bulb deepsound. Was a newly filled tank. Such a waste of water when you've got none :cry:

Grant says if it is a 74W filament bulb it will be fine. There is no mercury in filament type bulbs. Be on the safe side and use rubber gloves, just in case he's wrong :-?

If it was a discharge type bulb then it would have mercury in it but 75W are usually just high powered filaments.

Jennifer has just contacted me, she is at Alan's, he is ok but everything in the house was totaled. She is staying there to help out for a while.

Hi All

I'm Jo, Alan's daughter - just spoke to Dad thanks to the wonderful lady who went over to Dad and Sheryls place. They have 3 rather relieved daughters between them ..who are glad to have been able to speak to them.

Thanks so much for everyones wishes, help and messages ...we're so glad to hear they are both safe.

Jo x