So what's everyone doing for Christmas??

Someone always posts this at Christmas so I thought it was about time! I love reading about what people are doing for Christmas! So, what are everyone's plans for Christmas Day? What do you hope you get from Santa? Any family traditions? Are you going on holiday for the summer?

Here's mine: We are having my family and my husband's family over for Christmas Day. It also involves collecting my 107 year old great aunt from Waikanae and dropping her home afterwards, which adds about 3 hours driving to the day but is definitely worth it! We'll do the usual, roast lunch, pressies, and this year we have a new baby which will add a new dimension. Looking forward to watching our 5 year old open his millions of presents I have collected for him over the last year.

From Santa, hmm, I would really like a full night's sleep! But failing that, I'd love a Wii but I think Santa isn't feeling that generous this year due to lack of funds!!!

As for holidays, we had a week booked in the Coromandel but have ended up cancelling because I know my grumpy wee baby won't handle the hot weather/beach etc so we are instead going to housesit for friends in Auckland for a week and take in some sights we have never seen before, Kelly Tarlton's, Piha, Matakana. And of course HFF!

My hubby is off work for 3 weeks over xmas so we will be spending that time building our new fish room :bounce: :bounce:

xmas day we are having my parents and my hubby's mother here for a xmas BBQ - rather exciting our first xmas in our own home :bounce: :bounce:

We'll be doing the same old thing. Hubby and I will join my parents and my brother for Christmas Day lunch, then hubby and I will probably go to his Aunt & Uncle's place, where they have a BBQ dinner. Hubby's Grandad, Dad and sister & her family will be there.

We've already got our tree up and I think it looks magnificent this year! Got a few other christmas decorations placed around the house. Have made the Christmas cake after leaving the fruit soaking in sherry for a couple days longer than the recipe intended. Oops, hope it turns out ok! I've got a christmas cookie recipe that I want to try out also.

I don't think Santa will be bringing me much this year. Already got my new cellphone which we declared was my Christmas present.

Unfortunately I'm working between Christmas and New Years so won't be able to go anywhere but I'm on annual leave after New Years for a week. Yay! No plans as yet though, its the busy season for hubbys work. I think we might head away up to Glendhu Bay near Wanaka in late Feb after the summer rush has been and gone. We did this last year and despite the constant rain, we had a good time. No queuing for showers/toilets, plenty of space to park tents/vehicles/boats.

coromandel from dec 23rd to jan 14th

the whole family (3 daughters, 2 sons in law and 3 grandkids as well as Brenda and I) will live in the 2 bedroom batch with a couple of tents. there will be the odd fight but a hell of a lot more laughings and fun

I'm holding christmas this year - there will be a total of 18 adults and 10 kids - lucky we have a pool so the kids will be occupied. My dad just had a bypass with 5 grafts yesterday, so he can't travel for christmas this year - that means everyone's coming to my place.

It's very scary holding christmas, but I've got a list of what everyone is expected to bring and hopefully it will all go according to plan - a nice sunny day where everyone can hang out outside rather than being inside in my tiny house!

We're doing lunch at my place, then it's off to my partners family for a very small (7 adults, no kids!) and civilized dinner. We're having a boxing day thing at my place too.

This year will be my first time off in 8 years. I finish work on the 23rd and return 18 Jan. I'll be going to the folks for Christmas lunch, visiting my brother and his family in Timaru on Boxing day and the rest of the time will be taken up with a fishroom build :bounce:

Yep, we're staying here for the most part of the day, doing the family thing.. opening pressies, playing with them, (the kids i mean :wink: ) Eating too much, (me that is :lol: ) and going to in-laws for dinner. We're going to road trip it up to visit mum in-between xmas and new year, she lives in waihi. Hoping to call into Living Art on the way back thru too.

Oooh ooh I was so excited I had to share. I already got my Christmas wish! My wee baby slept from 9pm to 6.30am last night! I don't expect it to happen again any time soon but it was fantastic!

isnt it excellent when they start sleeping through - our little girl was a really good sleeper i think from 5 weeks she started sleeping from 7pm to 7am - unfortunately now at 4 shes up at 6am jumping all over us :)

We live on an isthmus not far south of Russell so it’s pretty busy here compared to the rest of the of year as all the holiday makers come here. Coz its an isthmus we are surrounded by beaches.

My family comes up for at least a week every year. This year Mum , my sister and nephew come up on 22nd. So we will decorate the trees. We have one little old tree from my childhood ( so very old ha ha) and still have some decorations my sister and I made over 30 years ago. :o Then my brother and his wife and three kids will come Xmas day. Hubby’s Mum will be here too as she lives next door.

We also go down and decorate Hubbys’s Dad’s grave.

On Xmas Eve the kids leave out food for Santa and the reindeer. In the morning all the food is gone and you know the reindeer have been coz there is a pile of magic sparkly reindeer poo! :D:D:D

I think this may be the last year my kids believe in Santa. :( I think they are choosing to believe this year. :wink:

We have a good old relaxing holiday with the adults chilling out, lots of eating, reading, playing board games etc. We do a lot of laughing.

We spend heaps of time at the beach, all piling on the back of the ute to cross the paddock to a private little bay or to the harbour on the other side where a couple of regular families congretate – the kids play on a pontoon and the guys sit under the trees and have a quiet beer .

We make a huge water slide beside the house and the kids play for hours on that.

On the 31st Hubby’s brother arrives from Aussie with his wife and four of his kids. They will be here for 2 weeks .His best mate will come up too with his wife and a couple of kids to camp here. Another nephew and girlfriend are coming too.

There will be a couple of boats so fishing, dragging kids on biscuits etc. Hubby and his bro will be collecting and eating heaps of sea food and then having farting competitions!! :roll:

We have a local fun day at the beach with a sandcastle competition , races and tug o war etc.

We usually get a few friends coming up as well.

It’s a great time and as mostly we all get on pretty well and laugh a lot and everyone pulls their weight we all feel relaxed and happy. I can’t wait! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Christmas at my sister in laws - about 16 of us ranging in age from 16 - 81. 5 nights in Waiheke Island from 9-15 Jan and then I'm back to work. No Chrissy pressie for me this year as we had a month in Europe and have now purchased a 6 person spa pool which arrives next week.

Tinytawny - I have pm'd you.