Some frog photos

Insect Direct

Thanks Deepsound. Im pretty happy with it, must say your setup raises the standard though :D

That pump/mister worked really well especially considering it was so cheap and easy to do. It was a good work out in the morning pumping it up.

I got lazy though, so after a few beers the other weekend i rigd up a pump. Its on a timer now, so much easier.

http://www.youtube.com/user/nzexotics#p/u/1/RwIcz24Ckc0

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
thats pretty small, probably ok for some whistling tree frogs given theyre a smallish frog. being smaller they dont destroy plants as much either :D

Yeah, that's what we got it for originally (we had some for a few years).

just always found plants wouldn't last for me, I think a case of picking the wrong ones.

Joking aside, had decided to get some whistlers again, so will spend next month or two getting the terrarium running nicely first, so open to suggestions for plants.

theres a pic back in this thread somewhere of my whistling tree frog setup. Those plants are all from Warehouse. Except the spanish moss that was up on the right.

Key is keeping them watered, if you mist them atleast once a day thats probably enough. Or if you plant in substrate at ground level then may not need to worry so much.

And reasonable light, a fluro or 2 around 6500k (daylight i think they are) should suffice :)

theres a pic back in this thread somewhere of my whistling tree frog setup. Those plants are all from Warehouse. Except the spanish moss that was up on the right.

Key is keeping them watered, if you mist them atleast once a day thats probably enough. Or if you plant in substrate at ground level then may not need to worry so much.

And reasonable light, a fluro or 2 around 6500k (daylight i think they are) should suffice :)

Kay, what substrate did you find works best, I tried topsoil (due to being advised potting mix is bad for frogs)?

I just use daltons propagating mix (gritty sand)....use to use it in fish tanks with good results, now frogs. Just rinse out in a sieve then add to tank. Little bit dodgy for impaction, so maybe put java/sphagnum moss over top.

Can use river stones to bulk up the base (create mounds etc) then smaller stones, then sand etc. I dunno what others use..

Started a thread on plants viewtopic.php?f=40&t=48560

if you mean the photo of the month? i seem to recall a photo of a newt won it once....so maybe we can enter reptile/amphibian pics in the photo of the month thing, if its still going?

I saw that too andthe clawed toad one, sent in one of mine,she said she would hold onto it till they had a reptile month????Still waiting?