Some frog photos

Insect Direct

the tree frogs are looking good well done

thanks, means a lot coming from you. and I did it without any crickets :wink: (yet) :wink::wink:

size of bell frog morphs can vary substantially depending on a number of things. fascinating they are.

do they even get bigger before they morph ?

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They don't feed until they have absorbed their tail.

thanks, that's what I thought but I seem to remember that the little brown tree frogs were so greedy they did eat even with half of their tail still on

(or maybe I am just confusing them with young axolotl, what do I know ?) :wink:

do they even get bigger before they morph ?

they look good (hard to tell how big). seem to vary from about 15mm to 25mm at morphing (roughly)

if pond drys up they can morph earlier/smaller in some cases.

and or food availability.

if stop feeding when tail first starts (or slightly before) getting absorbed there can be a significant difference too. feed during tail absorption if they will take it. most size gained prior though. 10mm of size at morph satge = a few crickets so I like them big.

the tadpoles are/were between 80mm and 90mm and the fresh morphed frogs are all between 35mm and 40mm (no, not with stretched legs) :wink: they are huge.

if raised outdoors like below - no added food when morphing- some of these morphed weeks ago. must of been getting midges and what not from pond and or just survived off tail. was testing them while waiting for binos to morph.

binos.jpg

• 3 weeks later...