Tank Setup Log. Conversion from S.American To African

phoenix44

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is never too late to add more dems, but I would add them small the bigger fish will leave them alone as they are no threat :) It will be like the ones that grow up in there. If you were to try and add one the same size as the others without completely re arranging the tank then you would have issues.

• 2 months later...
Seeing as you added this to your sig :P, do we get to see an update yet????? +the dem/e yellow babies???????? :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

:o

I cannot believe you dragged this thread back up :o

There are e. yellow babies both in the main tank and in a rearing tank. they are from the same batch. 6-8 are in the main tank, and 20 are in a rearing tank. They are about 1-1.5cm long.

There is one holding dem, but my luck breeding them is not fash.

There are also 8 snow whites in the tank now. I am hoping to breed them in the future.

Thanks to Mel I have some very beautiful Lionhead / Lumphead Cichlids. They hide a lot though :(

Thanks guys! :D

The plants are thriving. the fern has some bba on it, but I think it looks beautiful and natural.

Ill take a few pics of the ferns with their babies all over the place. It is working amazingly so far. the filter never gets clogged with plant debris or any thing.

I even had some rotala in there for a while and they didnt touch it.

The crypts are also left alone. :lol:

you guys are too kind :hail: . there is plenty room for improvement!

That green tubing for one will vanish when i move the tank in 22 days or so.

Not sure what else can be done, but any other suggestions would be much appreciated. (There will be no substrate in this tank though; there is no point.).