Help Livingart Wildlife Park (Tauranga)-DREAMS DO COME TRUE!

Lucid

Every bit of help is going to help people. Im surprised that there hasnt been more offers to help? Even just a small amount of money, a small amount of food, offers to help at the Park?

The impression I got is that the finance company wants their money now but the bank won't lend them money until the council approves their subdivision, so unless someone can make a large six-figure donation then they're snookered. Is that correct Mark?

BTW I wasn't suggesting you needed a new kidney Mark, I was wondering what I'd get for one on TradeMe... :lol:

I would offer to help house some fish, but we'll probably be moving house [again!] very shortly, so I'll wait until then.

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The impression I got is that the finance company wants their money now but the bank won't lend them money until the council approves their subdivision, so unless someone can make a large six-figure donation then they're snookered. Is that correct Mark?

you read it right david, that is the problem we had to move into 2nd tier finance at a high interest rate, that is the one that is pursuing us at the moment, it is a lot of money to find, though we have been trying for about 9 months

this may be a long shot but have you thought about aproaching bob clarkson the mp as he is involved in putting allot of his own money ointo projects in the bop area and as an upside for him its good pr for him with the up coming election even if he's not running....it may be a long shot but ya dont get unless you ask.i wish you all the best and hope you get a outcome which keeps you and the animals happy.

still trying to sort out pms of who has offered what a home

have 2.4 .6 x .6 with malawis and fronts - homed

2.1 x .9 x .75 2 aros and 7 birchirs ?

6 foot with jardini - homed i think

5 foot brackish ?

5 foot local marine - can always just release them

2 metre reef - maybe homed

40 big goldfish - need homing, currently in pond

5 water dragons - homed i think

6 blue tongues

3 bearded dragons - homed i think

frogs can be released

will release big pool of local marines and the big eels in freshwater pool

then theres the parrots

pair of ecclectus

ring necks blue, white, grey, yellow and green

lorrikeets, rainbow, scaley and musk

barrabands, kings,

alexandrines 2 pair greens and lutino

12 cockatoos, 1 galah

40 lovebirds

then the pheasants etc may have a home for some of them

then the mini highland cattle

still more to list

we have 2 very large ponds that may be able to home your goldfish but the problem would be catching them again when you wanted them back.

One is roughly 6000 litres and the other is a natural catchment area that is even bigger.

I can also speak to the powers that be and see if we cant help you out with the cattle? How many are there?

been there done that sharkie, sometimes people are not what they seem

How about Winston, he seems to be good at getting donations! :lol: :lol: :lol:

If the Jardini (and tank) still needs a home I could try talking very nicely to the Mrs....

So good to see so much help here now, times like these you need good friends. :)

Im glad I put up the post.

B

People have been trying to help just not through a post but through pm's

But glad you put the post up too :D

i hope you dont mind but after posting my message in here i took it upon myself to send a letter to bob clarkson myself and just recieved the following response i hope that something does come of it and its not just nice words.maybe if others meseged as well it mite help.

Fraser

Your email to Bob has been referred to his Tauranga office. Bob is aware of the Paterson’s plight and while he is not in a position to help personally he is making it known to associates in the hope there may be a solution.

Thank you for your caring approach to this difficult situation. The Paterson’s have certainly put a great deal of personal effort and funding in to the facility and it would be a shame if the prevailing circumstances resulted in its closure.

Glenn Harris

Electorate Agent for Bob Clarkson

Member of Parliament for Tauranga

National Party Associate Spokesman for Housing, Building & Construction

271 Cameron Rd 3110

P O Box 571 3140

Shucks, I just read the first post and I really don't know what to say.

Livingart, I have seen your posts around here and you are always keen to help and offer advice when you have had plenty of your own problems to deal with.

I am too far away to offer any assistance with looking after animals or fish but I really really hope that everything falls in to place for you

always lived my life as there are no ends just new beginnings :D

have had a few local people down looking at our situation so your email may have worked sharkie

david i think winnie has enough on his plate at the moment :D

i have probably recieved 40 - 60 pms on this, so there are many caring people on here, lost a few out the bottom of my inbox before i could save them

will try to house the fish as close as i can but i think i have replied to all pms

if i haven't then pm again and kick my butt :wink:

Hey Livingart ive only really just stumbled upon this and had to say im really sorry to hear about this happening to you guys, I know you put alot into your animals and alot into this forums and the people on here who can always rely on you for help even to the point of donating things to people and doing things for no gain on your behalf..

Its a real shame that this has to happen to one of the good ones out there.

I cant really offer any help or even suggestions but can only say that im thinking and feeling for you guys and hope that it works out for you and your family and all the animals at the park and also say that im gutted I didn't get a chance to visit and show support..

If there is anything I can do let me know probably a little bit limited given the time frame and the fact im still overseas but you never know..

living art im very sorry to hear about this i hope all is well,i thought i was

having a dilemma as the big stom wipe my power out for five days. as it wipe out most of my fish.as the shed disspare.so i have to start again.

i hope you can keep the the park.as it colud be a get place..

best wishy ant

I'm really saddened to read this thread.

Places like yours are an asset to a community, and hopefully the "powers that be" in Tauranga will see that in time and work with you.

You have my thoughts and best wishes in this.

thanks ryan - maybe some WOMD :D

bummer on the power outage ants we went through the same thing a few months back

the publicity has bought some offers of help from here and locally to help source some finance, the fingers and legs are crossed, but the time frame is short

if it comes to the crunch it looks like all of the fish are sorted

your response has been overwhelming

it is in times of real adversity when real people stand up

thank you to all

mark