Help Livingart Wildlife Park (Tauranga)-DREAMS DO COME TRUE!

Lucid

I keep thinking about the future of the park and the overheads. Places like that must cost the earth to keep going, especially in winter when visitor numbers probably drop. I think its wonderful that so many are helping now, but what about ongoing support once the park is saved and its future more secure?

I give a small monthly donation to Greenpeace and I've been thinking of cancelling it. They send me so much stuff through the mail that my donation probably only covers that cost, with nothing left for the important stuff. I've now decided that once the park is saved, I will cancel the Greenpeace donation and set up one to the LivingArt Park. It's only a small amount but at least it will be going somewhere where it can make a bit of a difference. Maybe others here could consider doing something similar?

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep thinking about the future of the park and the overheads. Places like that must cost the earth to keep going, especially in winter when visitor numbers probably drop. I think its wonderful that so many are helping now, but what about ongoing support once the park is saved and its future more secure?

I give a small monthly donation to Greenpeace and I've been thinking of cancelling it. They send me so much stuff through the mail that my donation probably only covers that cost, with nothing left for the important stuff. I've now decided that once the park is saved, I will cancel the Greenpeace donation and set up one to the LivingArt Park. It's only a small amount but at least it will be going somewhere where it can make a bit of a difference. Maybe others here could consider doing something similar?

That is a great idea Jude :D

So glad to hear there is four weeks grace

Will put what I can afford in to the account, just wish I could afford more

Sorry If This Was Inappropriate But I Made A Thread On T.M About LivingArt Hopefully It May Reach Some People Didn't Mean To Offend Any One But I'm Just Trying To Do My Little Bit To Help So If You Cruise Through The Animal Section On The Boards Over There Bump It Up For Me

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Community/Mess ... d=28867747

I have already made a donation to help immediately but have to agree with Jude about ongoing costs. When you think how the cost of stock food has skyrocketed this year, e.g. conventional hay bales going from $5 to $20+, the last thing I would want to be doing is running a park like this.

I also like the idea of an ongoing donation and look forward to Mark bringing us up to date with the final outcome, and with information on what we can do to help.

Sorry If This Was Inappropriate But I Made A Thread On T.M About LivingArt Hopefully It May Reach Some People Didn't Mean To Offend Any One But I'm Just Trying To Do My Little Bit To Help So If You Cruise Through The Animal Section On The Boards Over There Bump It Up For Me

Is it just me or do other people find that putting a capital letter at the start of every word makes it harder to read??

Good on you guys for making other people aware, hopefully the word gets spread around through TradeMe...

sorry about that will try to write normally without the capitals old habits die hard

Perhaps its like that email where the words are all scrambled but you can still read it! I think my brain has been trained for 25 years to recognise words with capital letters as new sentences, maybe thats why it gets confused?

:lol:

Sorry, back on topic!! If only you could get a wealthy property developer interested in the potential of the sections who could bail you out until the council grants you permission to subdivide....

Here is another auction

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... 03&ed=true

Also there is another trading site that has recently started up, not sure if it is totally up and running but they don't charge any fees at the moment so might be a good way to help out with out paying TM a lot of fees

www.netdeal.co.nz is the site

Very nice of you Ant. I would but you too far away.

Understandable Dixon, no problems.

We all have many things to pay for - like us (Baby, 11 year old, Cats, Fish, Tanks, Car-s, Hospital, Doc's, Birthdays etc) but we all find a way to donate something, even $10 or something to Auction. We are hoping to list some stuff over the weekend to Auction, have to go through some stuff first. :bow:

Lucid