Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top 10

Featured Replies

I paid $50 for an Echinodorus uruguayensis when in Auckland and then bought a couple more from the same person for $18 each a few weeks later. About the same for Bolbitis heudelotti. Plantman paid a lot more for Ludwigia inclinata var. verticilatta "cuba"

The "cuba" came from Singapore and the others are on that site that if mentioned brings about excommunication, from time to time. I am hoping to have some less common Echinodorus sp on that (whisper) site over the next few months. E.G uruguayensis, red special, red rubin, ozelot, leopard, cordifolius, marble queen, barthii, martii, etc. And with any luck horizontalis maybe next year. Some of these plants may be available from me and Amazonian by puting a bid on the tank for auction.

I wouldnt mind getting some Bolbitis heudelotti if anyone knows where some is available.

I was once told that Aponogeton madagascariensis was in NZ, but that was only hearsay.

Between them, redwood and what I was growing myself I used to supply most of the shops in Christchurch and beyond for quite a few years. They had a great setup and I believe the well was capped off. Not only good plants like those but bad ones like water hiacynth and lettuce etc. That was before they were declared noxious weeds. I used to send them live tubifex too. They were the days.

I would doubt it as they have been wiped from the wild and are heavily protected. Some overseas breeders might have them but I am not sure if there is anyone importing plants at present.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.