Everything posted by lorenceo
-
FS: 410L tank setup + bulk Anubias - Auckland
Hi all, I've had to decommission my 410L planted tank. As a result the tank, its stand, hood (including T5 lights) as well as the large quantity of Anubias Nana it was housing are in need of a new home. The tank measures 150x50x55cm (LxWxH). The back of it is painted black. The lighting includes four 80W Daylight T5 tubes, along with reflectors and appropriate ballasts. The lights are powered in two groups of two, with separate plugs. The stand features built in lighting. Photos: https://imgur.com/ILnR1Vg https://imgur.com/kCbXl9o Note: The stand contents (filters, etc) in the above photo are not available for sale. Pick up only. Will need at least two people to move it. Please PM with interest. Happy to answer any queries. Thanks, L
-
Wanted: 60cm cube tank + stand - Auckland
I can't seem to find much around those dimensions as a pre-made set.
-
Wanted: 60cm cube tank + stand - Auckland
Hi Everyone, I'm in the process of moving, and as a result will need to downsize my existing setup. I'd be interested in hearing from anyone in the Auckland region that can fabricate a 60cm cube tank + appropriate stand with cupboard underneath to house the filter, etc. Please PM or post if you can assist. Many thanks.
-
Cherry Shrimp - Import Application
Any progress on the Cherry Shrimp?
-
MAFia at it again!
Posting to register my great interest in Cherry Shrimp. Happy to put some money towards the fund to get them allowed and imported. While we're at it, should we get some new plants added to the list? :lol:
-
GUESS HOW MANY AND NAMES
Is it Rotala Wallichii in the bottom left corner? Yes, I got your email.
-
GUESS HOW MANY AND NAMES
Ludwigia Arcuata and Rotala Rotundifolia. Edit: 2 red Double edit: 5 if you include the Limnophila Sessiliflora, Vallisneria Americana and Aponogeton flower. Possibly 4 red and 7 total if that is Rotala Wallichii in the bottom left corner, and Rotala Macrandra in amoungst the R. Rotundifolia. Also is that Lemna Minor on the surface at the back? Higher res photo please.
-
Limnophila aromatica
I would be very interested in some of this if it can be found.
-
Hemianthus callitrichoides time lapse
Very cool. Too bad we cant get it here:(
-
T5 Lighting
58w? T5's come in 24w, 39w, 54w and 80w in 2, 3, 4 and 5' sizes respectively. A 5' T8 is 58w.. How long is the fixture?
-
Reefs New planted discus tank in development
Looks good so far reef. Will be interesting to see it develop.
-
Penguinleo's New Tank Development
Looks like a good start, I will be following the thread. One thing I would suggest though is more plants. Lots of fast growers in particular. With the amount of light you have, and reasonably small bio load, you are inviting algae to take hold.
-
Thinking of going planted? read here....
One 150w MH over a 4ft tank wouldn't be sufficient. The middle would be well lit and the edges would have insufficient light. The general rule is one MH per 60cm^2 of water surface. So if your tank is 60x60x60 you would only need one MH light, but if your tank was 180x60x60, you would need three.
-
How'd ya know?
I don't buffer my water or test pH/KH I use the method described in this thread: http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/gener ... thout.html Seems to work well.
-
Whats a good brand of heater
I've just had a Jager die on me. It isn't even a year old.. :roll: Not worth the extra $$ imo.
-
Flurescent lighting - just interested what is
Metal Halide.
-
Glosso Flower Pix.........
That should have worked.. Do you have BBCode turned on? It shows under the emoticons when posting.
-
Are there any of these in NZ?
Nope.
-
Are there any of these in NZ?
Hemianthus Micranthemoides: Yes, but only recently. Cryptocoryne wendtii 'green': Probably, but I am not sure. Blyxa echinosperma: No. Tonina sp.:No.
-
CO2 bottle refills
I go to the place mentioned in this thread to get mine refilled. http://www.fnzas.org.nz/fishroom/1-vt81 ... sc&start=0
-
t5 and t8 compatability.
T5 and T8 endcaps aren't compatible with each other. T5s's are thinner than T8's.
-
Hemianthus micranthemoides
Just checking.. I got it from an LFS, so presumably its ok. EDIT: Someones reading my PT thread then? :lol:
-
Hemianthus micranthemoides
Is this plant allowed or is it a "new species", ie: MAF will take it off you?
-
A little help ( need some ideas )
What is your co2 level? Algae only pops up when there is an imbalance. Too much light and not enough co2 is only going to lead to trouble. You should aim for 30ppm of co2. If algae persists, something else is wrong.
-
Macandra Pearling
I use t5's from Diverjohn.