December 29, 200619 yr comment_137448 hey i have a 200L tank which I am setting up for a reef tank. it already has 3x t8 lights (2 white one blue), can I simply put t5 bulbs in or do I need to wire in new fittings for them? the bulbs already in them are 90cm, 30Watt bulbs, 10000K from sylvania... cheers. Report
December 29, 200619 yr Author comment_137459 so do I need new fittings? I might buy that mh of you jetskisteve... the one on trademe Report
December 30, 200619 yr comment_137471 Anyone know what voltage T5s run at? I know they're generally higher wattage, but once you have the endcaps if the voltage is the same, you shold be able to use say a 50 watt 5 foot T8 setup to run a 3 foot(or whatever) T5? Report
December 30, 200619 yr comment_137503 T5 and T8 endcaps aren't compatible with each other. T5s's are thinner than T8's. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.