Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
We’ve recently updated Aquarium World! We’re working through a few bugs, with exciting new features on the way. Thanks for your patience while we fine-tune the site.

Caryl

Financial Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Caryl

  1. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder or is that beer holder?
  2. Settle down you two or I will bang your heads together! :roll: Having had Fluvals and Jebo I prefer the Jebo for ease of maintenance. I have a Jebo 819 running on a 280L tank. Been going almost 3 years now I think and been cleaned 2x. First time was after 12 months and we were curious to open it up, it didn't really need cleaning. After it had been running another 12 months we cleaned it again. It was chock full of gunk but still good flow. We haven't cleaned it since and it has been running another 12 months approx. Flow still good as long as I clean the holes in the spray bar occasionally as they clog with leaf bits the fish have nibbled off. Our Fluval 404 would clog after a few weeks and we always had difficulty getting the top off it then getting it started again once we had finished.
  3. World of Water are Sera stockists. They are in Hamilton
  4. Since the experts can't agree I don't see how "the man in the street" can do so either. Remember the rules state; Topics of this type will be removed and action taken against the poster(s): - sensitive topics (political, religious, sexual reference or sexually oriented content etc)... As I am a laid back moderator :lol: I am happy to leave it so far as long as nobody gets personal or starts slagging political parties or individuals. This will get me into trouble with the other mods who will, rightly, point out that rules are rules and where do we draw the line?
  5. I think it needs its eyes tested if it has to get that close to read the text
  6. user
  7. YUM :bounce:
  8. Caryl replied to djay's topic in DIY Section
    I found it a bit hard to understand the problem but you should be able to use silicone I think.
  9. Caryl replied to Chazza404's topic in Diseases
    I know too that there have been major problems with guppies for some time but I thought the problem had been corrected. Perhaps not :-?
  10. They are obviously imaginary fish :lol: Tank looks good though
  11. Caryl replied to Chazza404's topic in Diseases
    I don't check mine either but it was a thought, considering the problem.
  12. That is looking great!
  13. She did say she now had a 25 day wait to register them wok
  14. Caryl replied to Chazza404's topic in Diseases
    Have you checked all your water parameters are good? It can sometimes be that levels have gone up in the tank slowly. The original fish adjusted slowly so are fine with it but introduce new fish and the toxicity kills them.
  15. Caryl replied to fordayzbro's topic in Freshwater
    You have to leave some of the rock bare though as they are striking in themselves and you can't see them once they are totally covered with moss.
  16. Yeah, I should have said the links were good Carlos :oops: A lot of people claim they have never cycled a tank in their life. What they have actually done is cycled it, and done it the right way, without even realising it. All cycling really means is to add fish slowly so the filter bacteria builds up with it to cope with the resulting waste.
  17. Neons are not good to cycle with. The quality of them seems to have deteriorated over the years and they do not cope with a cycle too well. Danios are actually the best bet but no good using them if they are not a fish you wish to keep.
  18. Caryl replied to Chazza404's topic in Diseases
    My daughter bred guppies when she was a teen. She had some beautiful colours and they had all been living together happily for 2 years or more with no other fish added. She the found a black male she wanted, in a shop in ChCh. Since the original fish all came from the same shop she didn't quarantine, just added it to the tank. Next morning she woke to find all the fish dead or dying, except the new one. Turned out the new fish had something her fish had not encountered before (a bit like the missionaries spreading measles) and they had no immunity to it. In this case it would not have mattered if she had quarantined the new fish because it was healthy. She was so upset she has never kept fish since!
  19. Ah now you see I would have thought Bolivian rams were too sensitive to use in a cycle but I have no experience with them.
  20. 6 tiger barbs will cycle 100L.
  21. There is nothing wrong with your pH so don't fiddle with it. I have only ever given driftwood a scrub and a rinse then added it to the tank. Brown algae is common in a new set-up. It will disappear as the tank matures and the plants grow. Neons are not very hardy these days so aren't a good choice to use when cycling. A tank ought to cycle in about 1 month.
  22. Caryl replied to fordayzbro's topic in Freshwater
    I love those rocks too 8)
  23. Caryl replied to Warren's topic in Fun
    squirrel :lol:
  24. eradicate

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.