Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Caryl

Financial Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Caryl

  1. and don't worry bdspider. You can't have too many cakes (chocolate or otherwise) and no cake would outshine mum's cake! I have just taken the pear and cinnamon muffins out of the oven but not taste tested as yet. Didn't have the right oil so used something else. I have also not tried the recipe before so it remains to be seen it they are edible. EDIT: Definitely edible when still warm from the muffin tin. Not bad, if I say so myself :bounce:
  2. Caryl replied to gagaforfish's topic in Coldwater
    For a while I would guess. My goldfish are in a pond so I am not too sure about suitable sizes for aquariums. According to the info I looked up a pair would need 80L but that is only a bucket's difference.
  3. Caryl replied to reptile_maniac's topic in Welcome
    Welcome. Hope you learn a lot and enjoy your time here.
  4. Caryl replied to nandaiyoo's topic in Welcome
    Hi Edmund and welcome. Always keen to see what aquascaping people come up with.
  5. "try and support the local scene and help people out" you say. Exactly! The problem will resolve itself soon when dial-up will no longer be available - and that time is coming soon. Why are you all getting upset by one person complaining about image size restrictions? If he wishes to moan about it every time he adds a link to his large pics elsewhere then let him do so. Just ignore it and click on the link if you wish. In the old days, when I had dial up, I didn't look at any pics as they took too long to load.
  6. Most will be creating enough hot air to warm everyone (We can just ignore Jim or lock him outside :lol: )
  7. Colin, a member in Mosgiel, has a number of clown loaches over 20 years old. They would be around 25cm I estimate.
  8. Don't stress out bdspider. I am sure the whole weekend will go smoothly. It is certainly the most well planned/organised I have seen. If there are problems, we will sort them out at the time. I can't see anything major going wrong and we are all very forgiving As long as everyone is warm and well fed they won't complain. 8)
  9. Good thing I don't have to weigh in at Weight Watchers until the end of the month! :bounce:
  10. Caryl replied to gagaforfish's topic in Coldwater
    The fancy goldfish can be good to keep but they need a good sized tank as they are very messy fish and produce a lot of waste. Do not get the common short finned varieties as these need a lot of swimming room and are better in ponds. True orandas are very expensive but there are cheaper hybrids available at pet shops I think. Goldfish, the smaller fancy ones, need at least 40L per fish.
  11. Caryl replied to chipmgnet's topic in Welcome
    Welcome. This is a good hobby for the whole family. 8)
  12. There is no need to have a tank set up permanently. I keep a small, extra, filter running in a main tank. When a Q tank is required, I get out the small one I have then add water from the main tank and the filter and it is ready to go. I usually use one of those plastic Critter Keepers and they float in the main tank well so I don't need an extra heater.
  13. Caryl replied to gagaforfish's topic in Coldwater
    Same fish by the way - gambusia are also known as mosquitofish Vicious things they are too!
  14. Caryl replied to gagaforfish's topic in Coldwater
    It is quite possible they are mosquito fish and illegal.
  15. Grant had an 11 hour day yesterday then just got into bed when he was called to an emergency fault in Kaikoura at 11.30pm. He finally got home at 4.30am. He is currently in Clarence (halfway-ish to Kaikoura) on another fault and might get home by 6pm or he might not :roll: So yesterday he worked 16 hours too, but that doesn't include the 4 or more hours he did for our own company in between callouts. We don't want the other stuff mixed in with the custard thanks :-?
  16. We work from home so deal with all the couriers. Here, Fastways is very poorly named :roll: I have not couriered fish so don't know what the local policy is.
  17. But there will be custard instead? :lol:
  18. Manhattan Transfer - Route 66
  19. Puff Puff Daddy? :lol:
  20. I think we had better forgo all other food on Friday so we have room! :lol:
  21. You should be able to go back further than that. Try going to the previous month as you are probably only seeing June, which is the 1st today.
  22. Only if you supply that pumpkin pie
  23. I have just found a lovely recipe for pear and cinnamon muffins which sound tasty.
  24. Our Navman can find the Equestrian Hotel and it's older than a My50.
  25. System restore is easy to find. Go to Start, all programmes, accessories, system tools and under that should be system restore. Follw the instructions to restore it to a previous time. You won't lose data but you will lose anything installed after that time.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.