Everything posted by Dougstark
-
Post your lizard pics!!!
The male eastern is quieter than the waterdragon I got from you. He has had a lot of handling because he was in a tank. He is more lively now in the glasshouse as he doe not get handled as much. I have now got them all trained to come out to meet me at the door in the afternoons when I get home from work by tossing them a few mealworms, should keep them from getting too skittish. Hoping to add some female water dragons soon.
-
Post your lizard pics!!!
This one is for insectdirect And this one is my biog eastern bearded dragon.
-
Yahoo
So its okay to do it as long as you are not looking
-
Tropical pond?
Seen one at the butterfly house in Thames but they only had small fish like guppies and sword fish. It was in the green house with butterflies. http://www.butterfly.co.nz/index.html
-
Yahoo
Finally, action of the R18 variety on the leopard gecko front. The male vibrates his tail like the rattle of a rattlesnake, she crouches and he tries to mount. Shes a lot bigger than he is. He is not very good at it as its his first. Now just got to wait for results.
-
Were to find Leopard fish
Still got plenty though not keen on shipping.
-
Post your lizard pics!!!
Photo from before he went missing.
-
Post your lizard pics!!!
I am sorry to say that the waterdragon disappeared from my glasshouse setup about 6 weeks ago. One night I got home from work and was unable to find him in my double glasshouse setup, normally I had no trouble finding him and my bearded dragons, it was getting dark by that time of night so I was unable to look for him properly until the weekend which I duly did. You wouldnt think it would be hard to find in a glasshouse. I searched everywhere and still no sign, I even trimed all the plant life back. No luck. I searched around the out side and could find nothing. I had a big pile of rubbish and branches waiting for some good weather for burning in incinerator and I thought there was a remote chance He might be hiding there. In the last couple of weeks we have been having outside temperatures up to 22 degrees with temperature inside glass house reaching 35 degrees. He obviously was not in glasshouse. Last weekend I finally got branches burned, found nothing so when I saw your post about waterdragon I now feel real bad . Until tonight when I got home from work to find a dirty dusty healthy waterdragon baskng on a log in the glasshouse. He had obviously buried himself in the glasshouse some where, maybe he just got fed up with me checking on him each night
-
Leopard fish
Dont know how you are taking photos but I have best success focusing on fish if taken at night in dark room with just fish tank light on.
-
Would my firebellied newts be ok outside?
Will be fine outside but keep out of direct sunlight. Mine have been outside for 3 years with no problems. They are on a verandah with roof.
-
Leopard fish
Good to hear. I was hoping they would spread around as they seemed to be in short supply in the south.
-
Leopard fish
Hi Caryl, how are the ones you got from me going?
-
Not khuli loach
Was going to post photo today but got home from work and found someone had broken my ranch slider and laptop and camera gone. :evil: It looked just like the one on web site posted earlier.
-
whites treefrog drama hmmmmm
I agree, they should have the quarantine facilities to deal with them. Same for a number of other creatures smuggled in.
-
Not khuli loach
No. Maybe 2mm thick and 75mm long.
-
Not khuli loach
Went to local pet shop today and he had some new khuli loaches and with them came an odd one which was much longer. So of course I bought it. After some research I believe this is what it is: http://aquaworld.netfirms.com/Cyprinoid ... mus_sp.htm
-
continuous and automatic brins shrimp hatchery and feeder.
I have a couple. They seem to work alright for me tho they tended to produce in small amounts, and you still had to change them every few days to keep them producing. I havent used them for a while as they didnt fit well in my tank as I keep water level too high.
-
Less attractive fish have 'better sperm'
Fertility can decline with intensive selective breeding and in-breeding. I had a drop off of clutch sizes after a few generations of selective breeding of show quality zebra finches.
-
What is a good bait to put in a fly trap
Cat food from a can works as long as you keep it from drying out.
-
Bristlenose with Discus
Only problem is if bristlenoses are on the small size. I bought some young albinos about 2.5 cm. The last I saw of them was a tail sticking out of the mouth of discus.
- reeves turtle
-
reeves turtle
Those I believe were the ones on trademe recently. I now have them (she is huge, Mark says maybe biggest he has seen). Gives me 2 females and 3 males.
-
seahorses
Recieved an email today from the one in Rotorua and they had a number of different colours including yellow, orange and red ones http://www.wonderworldpetcentre.co.nz/s ... ubcatid=99 Not cheap tho.
-
lepoards
No problem Caryl. Just one loss is not bad. Good luck with the breeding.
-
Reptacal
Has anyone had experience with Reptile One Reptacal, a liquid form of calcium supplement? Apparently you just dab a bit on the back of your lizard a couple of times a week, two drops per 100grams of body weight.