Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Zev

Financial Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Zev

  1. I got some Indian fern off Hollenfrost at the last HBAS auction, you could try giving her a PM, but she isn't on here much. I have some, but it is looking a bit mankey at the moment due to low light conditions, and don't really want to pass them on... I may have some WCMM's coming down for me at the Exec meeting next week, I will find out and let you know if i can get some more for you.
  2. Ok, I think we have exhausted most possible avenues for keeping this a civil discussion on this subject, and it has now been locked pending discussion of its reinstatement by the moderator group. Do not start up another thread on this subject, it will be removed immediately.
  3. I have locked this topic, it is getting to personal in regard to some of the posts, which have been removed.
  4. Zev replied to Zayne's topic in DIY Section
    It's a 400mm cube that I made myself, 70w HM lighting, Co2 and daily ferts. Yup, hairgrass in the front. I have since broken it down and re set it up as a Killie biotope, but it is not looking too hot at the moment, and the Harigrass won't grow without the Co2, but if I reinstate that, then I think my Val may melt.
  5. Rena do a nice smart heater, it is black and you can lay it down virtually on the gravel, it has the evil HAL eye, though, that indicates if there is a discrepancy in the temp setting and the actual temp.
  6. Hi Mitzy, welcome back!
  7. We are still looking at two to three months before judging, so you should have plenty of time.
  8. What worries me as a mother of three girls, is that no matter what morals you try to instill in your children, by whatever method - how they behave as teenagers is ultimately dictated by their peers.
  9. Here you go, KP. http://www.fnzas.org.nz/index.php?PG=magazine
  10. I think it should be open to anyone, the point of the exercise is to see what can be achieved with an off the shelf tank, without any mods as inspiration for beginners as well as experienced members. We can look at starting with just this one, but you will all have to wait until after the Exec meeting next weekend to see how and if this will proceed, so a little patience for a week is required, thanks.
  11. Lol, Caryl... The hard work is yet to come! Congrats on your new arrival tinytawnykitten.
  12. Here you go:
  13. Zev replied to Carlos & Siran's topic in Beginners Corner
    The fish don't mind as long as you do not saturate the water with Co2, the problem with unregulated systems is that you cannot control how much goes in the tank.
  14. Um, I took some pics, but you can't see anything because of the reflection on the glass. I will draw a diagram instead...
  15. Send them to me! PM me and I will send you my email address.
  16. I don't think his bristlenose would be very impressed with sealing the log!
  17. viewtopic.php?f=28&t=24585
  18. It makes the returning water run out to the edges of the cylinder edges of the plastic towards the sides of the tank, rather than squirting straight down into the middle of the tank along the length of the filter unit.
  19. I put a piece of plastic over the bit where the holes for the return are. It was a piece of plastic tube from a packet of AquaKnead-it, so about 25mm diameter which I split lenthwise and then duct taped to the side of the filter part. I will clean the tank and take a pic tonight
  20. Zev replied to JazzyJeff's topic in Freshwater
    Sera do a nice small 25 or 50w heater, not cheap though. I got mine sent to me from World of Water in Hamilton, bought it online.
  21. You two were game, especially since the sharks were fighting to see who would get the first bite before you even got in the water!
  22. As I said earlier:
  23. This could be: • off the shelf tanks, two classes 40l and below 41l and above • open section, two classes 65l and below 66l and above
  24. Zev replied to Zayne's topic in DIY Section
    The background is black - honest! I used black Contact, the self adhesive stuff you usually put in the bottom of shelves or drawers. It probably wouldn't be any good if you were trying to put it on a tank close to the wall, though, it was enough of a problem getting it onto the back of the tank with it laying front down and the back facing up!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.