August 20, 200917 yr comment_324711 What is the smallest heater, physical size wise. I need a 25w (or smaller if there is one!) heater to heat a 9ltr tank but I don't want the heater to take up all the available space... What brand makes the smallest? Report
August 20, 200917 yr Author comment_324713 watcha got cookin JJ ? LOL! Gone and got meself another Betta - just HAD to have it!! I want to put it temporarily in a small tank until I find a home for my Killies then move it into the AR380. He is currently in the big tank in a prison oooops I mean a breeder net :oops: Report
August 20, 200917 yr Author comment_324715 cool - love to see a pic When he out of his prison I will take one - He is so pretty ... Red, purple and black (sounds like a nasty bruise!) Report
August 20, 200917 yr comment_324716 Hi there is a pad heater available about 2inches square BUT BUT :evil: 110volt unfortunatly Report
August 20, 200917 yr Author comment_324717 Hi there is a pad heater available about 2inches square BUT BUT :evil: 110volt unfortunatly Scuse me for being a girl but what does 110volt mean in the big picture? Report
August 20, 200917 yr comment_324718 we in new zealand and australia run on 230volt electricity but USA runs on 110volt electricity so if you plugged 110volt into ours it would go BANG big time Report
August 20, 200917 yr comment_324719 it means it would blow up as nz has 220V mains you can convert it but those transformers are expensive and not worth it. you do get 25W heaters though. elite makes them Report
August 20, 200917 yr Author comment_324721 we in new zealand and australia run on 230volt electricity but USA runs on 110volt electricity so if you plugged 110volt into ours it would go BANG big time Oh, Ok, thanks but I not want the big BANG part of it... do they come without the complimentary BANG? Report
August 20, 200917 yr comment_324723 i did buy a 25W aqua one heater off trademe , it's as fat as the 55w though, just shorter. Of course you aslo get that slime factor! Report
August 20, 200917 yr Author comment_324726 you do get 25W heaters though. elite makes them Yeah thanks Phoenix - I have seen the Elite ones - they seem to be the smallest - thought I would check if there was anything smaller. Report
August 20, 200917 yr Author comment_324728 i did buy a 25W aqua one heater off trademe , it's as fat as the 55w though, just shorter. Of course you aslo get that slime factor! Oh yes the slime factor! :-? I'm in the ezy now BB Report
August 20, 200917 yr comment_324730 Sera do a nice small 25 or 50w heater, not cheap though. 25 W for 20-30 litres, length 18,5cm I got mine sent to me from World of Water in Hamilton, bought it online. Report
August 20, 200917 yr Author comment_324731 Sera do a nice small 25 or 50w heater, not cheap though. I got mine sent to me from World of Water in Hamilton, bought it online. I might have to go back and measure the elite one - 18.5cm is pretty small Report
August 20, 200917 yr comment_324743 I use an AquaOne (Slimey) 50w heater in my 27L, works fine. So I'd imagine that a 25w should be okay. These guys do cheap aquarium supplies:http://www.aquarium.net.nz/shoppingcart.html And heaters: http://www.aquarium.net.nz/cart_product ... Title=AQUA ONE HEATERS&Source_Category_ID=15 Report
August 20, 200917 yr comment_324760 Jebo also do a small heater. The Jebo is the perfect size for a 9L cube it sits just under the water line ans is not too intrusive Report
August 21, 200917 yr comment_324799 Its just a shame the jebo heaters are rubbish and either blow up and stop working or jam on and cook your fish I have seen some tiny heaters around it would just be a case of trolling the net using all sorts of search terms and finding a brand etc that was available here sounds like the sera or elite might be the go Report
August 21, 200917 yr comment_324801 Its just a shame the jebo heaters are rubbish and either blow up and stop working or jam on and cook your fish I've had that happen .. it was 20 years ago so can't remember the heater brand.. not sure if it jammed or got cracked and electrocuted the fish .. but it was not a pretty sight to come home to! :-( I packed up the tank and haven't gone near fish again till recently. Report
August 21, 200917 yr comment_324807 I purchased 7 300W ones because they were $20ea, within the 1 year guarantee period 3 went back because they broke, within 2 years of buying them only 1 still went.. Most of them just died, but one stuck on luckily I realized and saved the fish but I wouldn't recommend them Report
August 21, 200917 yr comment_324819 I've bought a few Elite Heaters not sure I would bother again :roll: The first one filled up with Water, so my Guppys had NO Heater at all for a day untill I noticed the Water was Stone Cold. They dont keep their Temp terribly well either, I have 3 of the same Heater, 1 Overheats, 1 Underheats, and the other seems to Flucuates. Report
August 21, 200917 yr Author comment_324879 hmmmm... maybe I won't do it then - perhaps I need to try harder to move my killies on. Off to T & E section I guess. Thanks for your input guys Report
August 21, 200917 yr comment_324935 ive got a jebo, and if it goes bang i doubt 1 150w would cut it.... dont like the sound of my fish being electrocuted! ive got nearly my perfect setup now after 3 years of student saving (and genorous donation 8) ) what heater do people recommend then? ive got a 250l tank, and ive been using 2 150w (i think they are :-? ) any brand in particular? Report
August 21, 200917 yr comment_324940 ive only ever used renas, fluvals and eheim/jagers. jagers are great, but large. fluvals are good to go for about 3-4 years or so some more than that.. my rena lasted about 11 years. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.