Tell me a wee bit about yourself

debs01

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name: Shannon

Sex: Female

Marital status: Will be married in October (about time!)

Family: Two girls, step son and twin step daughters

Book: Flesh Market Close can't remember who its by. But I will read anything and everything!

Other pets: none at the moment but trying to talk Vapo into getting a cat! we neeeeed a cat.

Car: Nissan Largo to fit the tribe

Favourite food: Whatever Im eating at the time

Name: Shane

Book: Anything Especially Wilbur Smith Or Stephen King

Hobbies: Fish, Cars, Racing Anything With An Engine In It

Family: Partner Tanja & Son Marcus (9mths)

Pets: Had A Dog Sabbath, Had To Put Her Down Just Before Xmas, Going To Wait Till Marcus Is Older To Get Another Dog

Car: Commodore, Telstar

Favourite Food: Chicken, Chocolate

Name: Jason

Family:

Partner Kirsty(getting married in april 06), and 17month old daughter, Isme.

Pets: Ming, a 2 year old chinchilla x domestic cat,

Book: Anything with pictures

Hobbies: fish keeping, kick boxing

Food: Anything yum

Car: Mazda eunos 500, have had some nice cars in the past, over having fast cars at the mo, i think this happens when you work on them all day every day. Oh plus they can be real money holes :D

Hey there Beachy my husband would like to ask you about your car. We also have a Mazda Eunos 500. He wants to know which engine you have in it and blah blah blah. You know lol the usual male questions when it comes to cars :P

Cheers

PeneJane

Hi, 2ltr v6 quad cam, mixed feelings about this engine. On one hand it produces quite good horse power, not overly fast but not a snail. On the other, these engines can be quite noisy e.g they make quite a ticking noise, this does not effect the motor at all, its a factory problem that can be fixed with a dampening kit, but for the trouble it takes to install its not worth it.

:D

Name: Alan

Occupation: Computer programmer(7yrs), Professional Jobseeker(16months and counting)

Sex: M

Book(s): Angels & Demons, Deception Point, Digital Fortress(all Dan Brown), All L-Numbers(Schraml & Schafer), The Thousand Orcs, The Lone Drow(R.A.Salvatore), Codex:Tyranids(Games Workshop)

Hobbies: Aquariums, Wargames, Reading, Pool & Snooker, 5 a side football, surfing the net, Everquest, Everquest2, World of Warcraft, EVE Online, Star Wars Galaxies, Hearts of Iron 2, D&D, Rifts, WFRP and other RPGS.

Family: Dad in Canada, Mum in Scotland, Sister and Nephew in Scotland, others in Edinburgh, London. Love of My Life is Laura

Other pets: 2 cats - Escher and Greebo

Car: None, unless computer games count.... :)

modern angel...what part of Canada does does your Dad live?

Racing Anything With An Engine In It

Snowman...you'd get along great with my sons. They're into drag racing. Now, its only a small thing here not like you'd see in big cities and such. But they love it. Craig (oldest) opened a performance shop...umm...2 years ago... I think 2! They only have the races 4 or 5 times a year. He keeps telling his girlfriend that the baby CANNOT be born when races are on :lol: :lol:

VAPO:

Poor Shannon :( ...don't you see how she NEEDS a pussycat!

Havn't been online for about a week or would have put in sooner.

Name: um?? Heather

Sense of Humour: dry to witty to sarcastic.

Occupation: two part time jobs with lawyers as legal accounts clerk (9-11 Mon-Fri and 12-5 Mon-Fri), also extramural Massey student, halfway through a BA in history that i started 15 years ago at Waikato (anybody recently done a book reveiw on Tolstoys War and Peace!? A bit stuck, haha), also help out with admin at church.

Hobbies: fishkeeping of course, reading (avidly), movie and tv watching (favs- Gilmour Girls, House, Antiques Roadshow, ER, Thirdwatch(boohoo its over), Top Gear and dont laugh-One Tree Hill), woodworking - i make and sell kids wooden jigsaws. Also woodturning and cabnitry. Dad helped me buy a house last year and i am slowly DIYing, the bathroom is next. Cross-stitch and stamp collecting (collecting anything really). I make hand bound books too for journals, scrapbooks and albums. Computer and Playstation games but not online - not enough time. I like getting into the garden but not in winter.

And church, my parents are the pastors so not much chance of sitting in the back row doing nothing, but thats fine by me cause i wouldnt have it any other way. ive tried the alternative.

Car: currently Mums Toyota Cynos as she is on holiday and my Galant has a flat battery and haven't got around to doing anything about it. Anyway the Galant is getting tossed soon and will upgrade to 2001 Holden Vectra, all going to plan.

Book: Just finished The Other Boyleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory it was ok.

Fav book recently was Pandora's Star by Peter F Hamilton. Fav of all time Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.

I will read anything except horror and can count on one hand the books i haven't finished cause i didnt like it.

I dont do a lot of posting here but i check the forum usually several times a day to see whats come up.

Name: Richard

Sex: Tried it twice now...

Marital status: Solo dad, just starting a new relationship after a messy breakup.....

Family: Daughter is 7 going on 17, Son is 6 going on - well about 6.

Book: James A Michener and Leon Uris all time Favs.

Other pets: One damn unappreciative cat. Heck even my fish pay more attention to me.

Car: Yip, have a car to take the kids to School. Have a Moto Guzzi bike - far more interesting...

Favourite food: "Mocha Hit" Magnum icecreams......yum yum I am off to the dairy now - I was fine untill I actually typed the words out...

Hobbies: Motorbikes, Stereos, and Fish fish fish. At the moment the Fish hobby is like that Luke Skywalker thingy.... "The MTS problem, strong in this one it is"

Loving that everyone is sharing a bit about themselves, this is perhaps the friendliest site I have ever been to!!

By the way you haven't lived until you have eaten a Crofters Black Forest Chocolate Cheesecake..............Heaven36_2_55.gif