120 grms melted butter

1 tin of Nestle Caramel Condensed Milk

2 bananas sliced

1-2 teaspoons brown sugar

1 teaspoon of Instant Coffee Powder

2 tablespoons plain yoghurt

200mls whipping cream

Chopped Walnuts and Chocolate Chips/Hail

Crush biscuits and add melted butter. Mix and place in a loose bottom pie plate and cook( 350F-180C) for 15-20 mins. Cool, then chill in fridge.

Spread on Caramel Condensed Milk and then add sliced bananas.

Whip together cream sugar and coffee powder and when cream is stiff - fold in yoghurt.

Spread over bananas and smooth the top. Decorate with walnuts and chocolate.

or, this is supposedly the original recipe...

To serve 8-10

12 ounces uncooked shortcrust pastry

1.5 tins condensed milk (13.5 ounces each)

1.5 pounds firm bananas

375ml of double cream

Half a teaspoon powdered instant coffee

1 dessertspoon caster sugar

A little freshly ground coffee

Preparation

Preheat the oven to gas mark 5 (400F, ). Lightly grease a 10in x 1.5in flan tin. Line this with the pastry thinly rolled out. Prick the base all over with a fork and bake blind until crisp. Allow to cool.

The secret of this delicious pudding lies in the condensed milk.

Immerse the cans unopened in a deep panof boiling water. Cover and boil for 5 hours making sure that the pan does not boil dry

* (see CAUTION) . Remove the tin from the water and allow to cool completely before opening. Inside you will find the soft toffee filling.

Method

Whip the cream with the instant coffee and sugar until thick and smooth. Now spread the toffee over the base of the flan. Peel and halve the bananas lenghtways and lay them on the toffee. Finally spoon or pipe on the cream and lightly sprinkle over the freshly ground coffee.

*CAUTION

It is absolutely vital to top up the pan of boiling water frequently during the cooking of the cans. 5 hours is a long time and if they are allowed to boil dry the cans will explode causing a grave risk to life, limb and kitchen ceilings.

Hint - Banoffi is a marvellous "emergency" pudding once you have the toffee mixture in your store cupboard. We therefore suggest that you boil several cans at the same time as they keep unopened indefinitely

I am going to make one for Jude and Ian when they visit on Friday :wink:

Don't waste it on the kids! :lol:

For those Weight Watchers - one Banoffi Pie, as per wine biscuit recipe, is approx 94.5 points!!! :o

(It might actually be less, like only 90, as I worked out the points using Girl Guide biscuits which are higher in points I imagine than wine biscuits.

• 3 weeks later...

Family: Nobody in New Zealand except my sweetheart/partner.

Hobbies: Writer. Used to do some sculpture, too.

The name and author of the last good book you read? I'm reading The Bone People by Keri Hulme right now.

Type of vehicle you drive: Don't have one. I used to have an '86 Saab and a Subaru WRX in my home country.

favourite food: Tacos and buffalo wings.

Where are you located? Wellington, Thorndon area.

Name: Colin

Sex: Male

Book: Does Aquarium World count?

Pets: 1 senior cat, 1 rotti pup and approx 400 fish

Transport: Used to ride CBR 250R(motorbike) can't/aren't aloud bikes anymore (steel plates and wires came free with crash a year ago) Now have Volvo and Toyota

Hobbies: Fish, Making things with stainless steel, Computers

Marital Status: 2nd Wife now(traded in/up on a newer model she just turned 26) Had been divorced for 8 years...LOL(sounded bad)

Fav Food: Anything my wife hasn't cooked.(hope she never reads this..LOL)

Howdy everyone - my partner and I stumbled across this website a wee while ago and it is GREAT!! Nice to know that there are people out there that have been hit by the fish bug worse than us!! :P

Toughchicken is Jess and RJ

We live in the North Shore and are both Students - both working in the construction industry.

We are in our early twenties and have had our first fish tank for about a year and a half, its a guppy tank with a resident red spot pleco and an outsmarting bristlenose who is almost half the size, yet manages to eat the most!! We aspire to get something bigger than our current three footer tank - but will have to wait till we have the space.

Additional to the fish we have a third hand hand-me-down cat called pixie, who is a strangle little mottley moggie (ginger and white - not a good temperament combo!!).

Favorite Foods consist of expresso coffee :o and chocolate by itself or drenched all over something else - like strawberries :lol:

We own an altezza which we love to pieces.

RJ doesnt do books, but when I have time, anything by Bryce Courtney is brilliant!

Jess also has a strange liking for terrible 80's music and tragic video clips that sport fluro clothing, bad sunglasses 8) and big frosted hair. she has been threatening an eighties theme party for a LONG time!

We both adore travelling, roadtrips, summertime and summer sports which involve water such as waterskiing, wakeboarding etc

Thats far too much rambling - it must be someones elses turn now! :)

hello people, just bump into this section. should have done this earlier. great way to know each other!

Name: aaron (Ming)

Book: none, i hate reading...

Car: Mitsubishi FTO (but sold recently :( )

Hobbies: 3D animations design, painting, guitars and song writing (i am a active church member and i am a guitarist and worship leader at church)

Pets: fish (guppies addict, platies and killies)

Family: 2 parents and 3 brothers (we are originally from malaysia)

Location: Wellington CBD (i lived in a small apartment in CBD with tanks around me)

Favourite food: chinese

Yeah I should have done this a while ago too...

Name: Eric Wilson

Book: Anything by Robert Heinlein, Issac Asimov or Arthur C Clarke

Car: White AW11 MR2

Hobbys: Fish, computers, reading, sleeping

Family: 2 parents, 1 sister

Other pets: Grey Cat - 'Gizmo'

Favourite food: Steak

Name: Rory

Occupation: Research Scientist (Molecular Biology; University of Otago)

Books: This'n'that; just finished The Road to McCarthy's Bar (Pete McCarthy). Brilliant.

Car: 1965 VW Beetle (Ernie)

Hobbys: My Planted Tank, Badminton & Squash, keeping the Dubbie going!

Family: Partner, Mum, Dad and 2 brothers at home in Ireland

Other pets: Cat - Phoebe. (Isn't it odd how many of us have cats too! Coincidence?)

Location: Dunedin. Irish originally, been in NZ almost 5 yrs now; still having fun!

Favourite food: Butter Prawns and Garlic Naan with a pint of Guinness. Mmmmm

Thanks Jude...I was struggling as it was...now it's just going to be worse...and my ex isn't paying me my support! Also, I won't have medical coverage for my medications I take...and they are $500 (Can) a month.

The job situation here is pathetic :(:(

The clinic used to be a partnership...but ever since they split...business has been going down hill...so...

Not giving too much away...

Name: starts with a J

Age: somewhere between 1 and 31,... ok 32 in november and i expect some nice presents

Family: yeah, well a number of years ago a couple of people, lets just call them mum and dad, decided they'd start a family, they started doing stuff then low and behold a number of months later out i popped... to cut a long story short i got older, stumbled across this site and here i am today.

Hobbies: first and foremost my wife and two kids (incase she reads this page), saltwater and anything in it, snowboarding, writing software, property investments, entrepreneur...

Goals: to make enough passive income to retire early and spend time with my family

Last book I read? errr, a magazine... womans day or new idea, can't quite remember which, something about brad pitt getting it on with that hollywood hottie angelina jolie...

Pets: two white fluffy things called cats, one average size and the other so big he could be classed as a small dog

Car: a big silver VX Ltd Landcruiser

Car I used to drive: Nissan Maxima 'SMX' - and it's still for sale if anyone is interested!!!

Favourite food: anything digestable, but mainly japanese. got rice?

name; mark

age; 4ttttttttttttttttttey

sex;as mutch as possable

books;the whole list is ,of mice and me, johnathan living seagull, star wars,jaws,gremilens,and all the harry potters to date.

cars;FAST,work;mitzi van, wife;mazda autozam,TOY; 1968 HK MONARO.

hobies;fish, movies, tattoos, drag racing, stone,

family;1 x wife (#2) 3 x boys,ROBERT 15in 1 month, TROY 13 in feb, MITCHELL just turned 11 (nick name chunk )

location; dannemora,auckland

job; tiler

favourite food; PANCAKES

Name: Callum

Sex: M

Books: I;ve just finished Neil Stevenson's The DIamond Age, but my reading seems to have slowed up in recent years :(.

Family: My wife, a sister, and the usual quota of parents.

Job: "Research Fellow" is the job title. Fiddling with electronics seems to be the current reality.

Car: Mitsubishi Magna station wagon

geez suppose I better say Hi....

Name .. Kurt

Age .. 30 sumting...

Status .. Single

Location .. Mt Eden( not the stone building ) , jaffa land.

Sex .. yup ( as he throws the coin into the well) , was going to say tosses but :o

Occupation/s .. automotive sales ( and NO not a car salesperson) ... artist ( specialize in 3D reef scene wall art) .

Aquatic history ..Dad gave me my first tank when I was six and have had the disease since ..kept mostly Brackish fish cause I luv them! 3 yrs LFS industry mainly in design/installation of custom aquariums .. bred amazon leaf fish , asian alligator fish plus various bread and butter fish :D have 2 reef tanks , 1 trop fresh b&b tank plus outdoor pond ( plus 7 4ft tanks sitting there saying "set me uuuuup" .... ) ... nooooo !!

Other pets , 1/2 persian black/white male cat.. "GB" = girls blouse( with claws)

Family (German/Kiwi) and... umm 15yr G , 2yr G , 13mth B , All to seperate girls (I know! Don't ask ) 8) . ( and no I'm not from Utah !).

Hobbies ... Well fish of course , diving ( especially asia) , travelling , creating art (arty/aquatic/mystical/life/freaky/... an whatever grabs me).. MUSIC,MUSIC,MUSIC, and MUSIC,Computing , .. ..... Oh And the kids :oops:

car.. 96 falcon s/w

Last book .." off the rails in phnom pehn" cool reading.. now , alan carrs .. "stop smoking" .. still on it ( 4 months and counting) 8)

Favorite foods .. Asian ,Med , Middle eastern , Indian... basically anything not European orientated....as long its not crawling.. :wink:

Goals ... getting my banjo's to breed

Dislikes .. being stared at ,like right now have 4 polka dot cardinals staring at me <====== over there.. hmm , think the're hungry.

Life mystery .. whz is thare now spill chek hair???

Klay..