Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Title needed

Featured Replies

I am going to be a grandmother but don't want to be known as Gran, Grandma, Nan, Nana etc. Anyone got any ideas for something suitable but different? Polite suggestions only please :bggrn:

  • Author

My last sentence was aimed specifically at Ira as I knew what sort of names he would come up with :slfg:

It isn't denial hovmoller, just surprise, as they had always said they weren't going to have children so I assumed I was not going to become a grandparent (other child not in a position to have a child and getting older). It is not something I ever particularly hankered for but my mum is so excited and said hearing she was to become a great grandnan was the best 60th wedding anniversary present she could get :thup:

I suspect I will just be Nana.

what about Mum then? Mum is also a title but it becomes your name when you pop out a sprogling. I bet you didn't stop your kids calling you Mum.

My grandmothers were 'Grandma' and 'Nonna'.

  • Author

I like that Godly3vil :thup:

I always told Grant that if he ever called me mum I would brain him. His dad always referred to his wife as mum, never by her name, even if it was just the two of them.

Mum is a title and description. I used to tell my kids I was their mother but I also had a name and identity of my own.

Honorable Ancestor ? :lol:

Seriously, maybe a version of your name that is easy for a young child to pronounce? Ca-ry or Caca, or he or she might even invent a version of your name all by themself.

  • Author

I was Taddle for a short time when a friend's son couldn't pronounce my name 8)

I think it will be up to the child to decide.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.