New scam going around

Vinnie

Got a letter from 'Colourful Holiday' today, and so did 3 other people I know. Some how we all won the 2nd place, which they state there is 2 chances to win the 2nd place prize.

So I did some research on them. Scam of coarse.

If you get a nice booklet and a few scratchy tickets, don't fall for it.

Will try to upload a photo of the booklet in the next few days if any really want to see it.

I had telephone call: hello,hello, did u kicked my dog? :lar: joke)

1)Telephone:congrat u our Radom picked to get free night at heritage hotel. 70% discount p.a if join now

Jack: !drool: thinking: 5stars hotel at 70% off p.a is handy for a break with the miss.,

Ok: full name? Address? D.O.B? ..

Jack: wow hell no! Iam ant giving my D.O.B over the phone man!

What next?of course my credit cards no!

I then said to him I now lost my interest speaking to u on the phone! Good bye!

2)The scam of the week for me was some old nanny sit at table looking sick n hungry so I offer her some food n coffee and thinking she would be sensible to pay her bill after finished..but no! the old nanny didn't have any money or Eftpos to pay!!

The scam of the week for me was some old nanny sit at table looking sick n hungry so I offer her some food n coffee and thinking she would be sensible to pay her bill after finished..but no! the old nanny didn't have any money or Eftpos to pay!!
so you offered her something you expected her to pay for?

some old nanny sit at table looking sick n hungry so I offer her some food n coffee

that sounds so nice and solicitous, heart warming...

thinking she would be sensible to pay her bill after finished

...why would she, you offered her some food n coffee

...why would she, you offered her some food n coffee

Having worked in hospo I know what this situation is like!

If you go and sit at a cafe someone will come over and offer you food and coffee :D

Depending on the restaurant/cafe it is often a bit rude to take a credit card to set up a tab, putting all the risk on the employee/business

Having worked in hospo I know what this situation is like!

If you go and sit at a cafe someone will come over and offer you food and coffee :D

Depending on the restaurant/cafe it is often a bit rude to take a credit card to set up a tab, putting all the risk on the employee/business

ok, maybe it's just my lack of English tongue but I see a difference between offering something and trying to sell something. a waiter tries to sell me something, he is not offering me something, if he is offering something I expect it to be free. I have guests in my house and I offer them something to drink.

no not your lack of the english tongue :wink: just the complexity of it :dno:

offered past participle, past tense of of·fer (Verb)

Verb

Present or proffer (something) for (someone) to accept or reject as so desired: "may I offer you a drink?".

Express readiness or the intention to do something for or on behalf of someone: "he offered to fix the gate".

yea, it obviously does depend on the situation

eg: "can I get you a drink?" - the person asking is - in my opinion - offering to get the other person a drink

If you say this to a mate at your house, or at a bar, it would be safe to assume that the person doesn't need to do anything in exchange (except maybe get the next round)

however if the bar staff asks you this they are still offereing you a drink (which you can accept or reject) but you would be expected to pay for it

Not saying that this is how the situation played out with the old lady, but you normally try to make your expectations as clear as possibe :)

just the complexity of it :dno:

"The hunter now become the hunted here I thinking"

IMO if I decided to walk in a restaurant/ cafe I would prepared to be paying for my spending..

It doesn't matter if a waiter or the owner offer freebie..as a polite person u would understand and would pay for that offer!

"Retail= here for finance NOT romance! :bggrn:

I would like to think how u guy would go into a massage palour and think the ladies would offer u services for free! So u guy would say she OFFER I don't expect to be paying? :lar:

The scam of the week for me was some old nanny sit at table looking sick n hungry so I offer her some food n coffee and thinking she would be sensible to pay her bill after finished..but no! the old nanny didn't have any money or Eftpos to pay!!

in the context of what you wrote you saw a frail person and felt sorry for them so offered them some sustenance

in that context one wouldn't expect payment

then get upset when you find they have no means of payment

Jaxxnz, Maybe this lady was related to the little old lady you found wandering the streets last year and took back to her house. Maybe word has gotten out that you're nice to old ladies and this week they will all come to visit expecting a free cup of tea... maybe you need a sign on the door that says 'NO OLD LADIES'... or MAYBE your cafe looks like a soup kitchen :lar:

If I went to a massage parlour would they fix my bad back?

Iam sure they would fix u up right! :bggrn: if not u can return for another visited..

But then the sensible WORD: OFFER would u expect a freebie from them?