Another Wellingtonian

M@.

Hi Team!

I have been reading this forum for months now, so thought it was about time to join up. There is some awesome info on here, especialy in the natives section!

I have had fish for just over a year now, and have two tanks.

The first one has the original fish I brought - based on bad advice and bad research (researched for a about a month, but it aparently is hard to find stuff when you dont know what you are looking for)

So anyway, this tank has 3 'coldwater' Guppies and 2 Hillstream Loaches.

I have it set up with High and low current areas - one sucker likes to sit right by the outlet when he is resting, but the bigger one seems to prefer the stiller areas, and the guppies are too busy flirting with each other to notice either way :D

Recently did some more planting in this tank, so dispite its mismatched occupants, I am happy with how it looks now it has matured a bit, and spend way too much time staring at it.

Then I have a NZ native tank with a Banded Kokopu and a Koura.

Koura is about 60mm total length and the Kokopu is 50mm - caught him as a whitebait, it has been cool to see him go from a translucent tasty snack into quite a striking little fish!

These guys have heaps of room in their little 20L at the moment, but I am obviously looking to upgrade in a couple of months before things get too squishy.

What size tank would you recommend for the adult sized versions of these 2? I am thinking a 60 litre...

eesh, long post - Clearly too into it :P

Thanks!

Matt

The first one has the original fish I brought - based on bad advice and bad research (researched for a about a month, but it aparently is hard to find stuff when you dont know what you are looking for)

So anyway, this tank has 3 'coldwater' Guppies

Where did you bruy the coldwater guppies? Curious who around here is selling them as that.

Where did you bruy the coldwater guppies? Curious who around here is selling them as that.

Animates in Kaiwharawhara

Although they call them coldwater guppies and have them in with mountain minnows, they say to keep them between 19-23

Hi and :wave:

Good to hear they put a qualifier on the "coldwater" :thup:

I hope someone with natives answers your question! Perhaps if you posted it in the native section it would get a quicker reply :wink:

PS. I love your user name :bggrn:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Although they call them coldwater guppies and have them in with mountain minnows, they say to keep them between 19-23

I wonder what these are exactly? Hopefully some idiot isn't selling gambusia again.

Good to see another natives person on board! Our natives section has been a bit quiet recently, but will instantly perk up when people post questions and photos.