future of fnzas

oO SKIPPY Oo

That proposal was my quick composition and an effort to get something that we could work with during the last executive meeting. The intent was to produce a way for clubs to talk about whether or not they are happy with seeing some drastic changes. I didn't intend my writings to be circulated by non-members who don't know the full story behind it.

My hope is that the communications that are going on now among affiliates will produce a decision about supporting change at a fundamental level within the FNZAS. Then, each change will be handled independently as members decide upon what they want to see for the future of NZ fishkeeping.

Maybe there needs to be a big clean out of officers as it appears things have been stale for many years and FNZAS had been at a standstill.

It needs new blood with officers that have drive and passion for the hobby so that it can be taken to the next level so that the hobby can thrive and grow.

I appreciate that officers are doing the best they can and have done a good job, but like a Business you need new blood so that you get new ideas and new direction.

Sounds like you need to join an affiliated society and step up to the plate. Put your money where your mouth is...

Sounds like you need to join an affiliated society and step up to the plate. Put your money where your mouth is..

Good point, things must be getting desperate when old timers come back from the dead. :P

Would love to step up to the plate, however only can climb so many steps.

The information will be going out to clubs along with the procedures to be followed by all. This will give all FNZAS members the opportunity to read, discuss and feedback to their clubs, along with their vote. Even those members not able to attend meetings will be contacted by their clubs.

Good point, things must be getting desperate when old timers come back from the dead. :P

Sorry, as usual you are mis-informed. I never left...

You must only be able to climb very small and very few steps or are you now just looking for excuses? You seem typical of so many who are prepared to make a big noise but do bugger all to actually help.

Shall I'll expect your membership application shortly then - no, well best you keep quiet unless you have something constructive to add.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe there needs to be a big clean out of officers as it appears things have been stale for many years and FNZAS had been at a standstill.

It needs new blood with officers that have drive and passion for the hobby so that it can be taken to the next level so that the hobby can thrive and grow.

I appreciate that officers are doing the best they can and have done a good job, but like a Business you need new blood so that you get new ideas and new direction.

You sound like a doing-stuff person, not a keyboard warrior (Warren seems to think you're not interested in joining, or at least, that's the impression I got.).

I'm surprised you haven't joined already, think of how much you could do!

When you need a hand up on those big steps, let us know. We're here to help.