future of fnzas

oO SKIPPY Oo

There are all sorts of ideas being tossed around as it is evident the FNZAS cannot continue as it has in the past. If you are a club member, you need to speak to your club officers or delegates as discussions have been held in the executive area of the forums and the thread is able to be seen by exec, club officers and delegates. An email was sent to all instructing them to read it then take the ideas and suggestions to their clubs at the next meeting and request feedback and more ideas on how the members wish to proceed. As it has been the holiday break, many clubs have not yet had their first meeting for the year. I know CTT and MAC have had theirs and have discussed the concepts suggested in the thread and given their feedback.

To remove clubs would require a Constitutional change, not to mention a name change, as FNZAS stands for Federation of NZ Aquatic Societies. This does not mean it can't happen but we need members' input, ideas and suggestions! This is done at club level, not here in the forums, as this is not the place to discuss society business.

Thanks for the reply Caryl.

There are all sorts of ideas being tossed around as it is evident the FNZAS cannot continue as it has in the past. If you are a club member, you need to speak to your club officers or delegates as discussions have been held in the executive area of the forums and the thread is able to be seen by exec, club officers and delegates. An email was sent to all instructing them to read it then take the ideas and suggestions to their clubs at the next meeting and request feedback and more ideas on how the members wish to proceed. As it has been the holiday break, many clubs have not yet had their first meeting for the year. I know CTT and MAC have had theirs and have discussed the concepts suggested in the thread and given their feedback.

To remove clubs would require a Constitutional change, not to mention a name change, as FNZAS stands for Federation of NZ Aquatic Societies. This does not mean it can't happen but we need members' input, ideas and suggestions! This is done at club level, not here in the forums, as this is not the place to discuss society business.

the thread is able to be seen by exec, club officers and delegates. An email was sent to all instructing them to read it then

Hello Caryl,

as a club officer can I have access to the form please. I asked in reply to the email but was told access was restricted to FNZAS exec and delegates only. Also none of the other club officers for KMAC or any of the Wellington clubs have access can you please arrange access for them too please.

Thanks in advance, until now it's been difficult for us to see whats been going on since one of our delegates has recently had a baby and the other has been at sea.

Regards

Craig

Pres KMAC

Nor sure what form you are referring to Craig and I understood all club officers also had access (I know my club officers did but I do not have the ability to give anyone access as I am only a Mod, that is admin territory) to the thread but never fear, there were members of your club attending the exec meeting last night, including your delegate who has returned from the sea, and they have plenty of information to present to your club at your up and coming meeting so you will all be fully informed. Your club will be asked to discuss the proposal presented, offer ideas of your own, and report back.

email from Adrienne

Hi Craig, thanks for responding. At the time of sending it was my understanding that everyone did however it is only delegates. Would you please ensure that your delegates access the forum, and report what is happening to the club members for feedback. I have endeavoured to email all delegates however some email addresses are incorrect.

Thanks so much

Adrienne

From the brief look I have had of the thread I saw the subject of who has access had also been raised and "delegates only" was stated there as well.

Thanks for looking into this, Warren has PMed me asking of officer names so I well let him sort it out.

If you are going to quote what I have said please use it in the context of the reply as given to the question you asked. The response I gave was to the original email being sent to President, Secretary and Delegates - that is my 'everyone' reference.

I'm not really sure how I have quoted you out of context but I apologize anyway.

As you've said your email was to Pres, Sec, and Delegates, my question to you was.....

I don't have access to that forum so I assume all the other FNZAS non-committee dont either

Correct but there is a huge volume of information in the thread, it seems pointless sending the first hour of a meeting reading. But that aside I understood one of the points raised at the committee meeting was how important it is to give all information to every one and get as much responces from as many people as possible, not opening access to the information seems counter intuitive to this.

This was just brought to my attention and it is great to see the willingness to try to keep communication channels open. This is of utmost importance to our future success.

The exec forum is technically another platform executive meetings and the rules therein are the same as in any other executive meeting with the delegates having right of speaking on behalf of their entire club. As with other executive meetings, observers may also attend so we need to make sure that is available to members as soon as possible. Once sorted, we will send out an email to club officers and delegates to ask that they forward forum names of affiliated members that want to have access to the exec forum.

Thanks for bringing this up.

Is this the best place to be once again puting your anti FNZAS views. Would it not be better to discuss this at your club meeting which is coming up?

Caryl said officers should have access and I just let her know KMAC exec and others didn't, it's not a big deal. Although it is difficult to discuss something when you don't have access to it.

What anti fnzas views? Why do you and a couple of other exec members seem to have this anti KMAC issue going (yes I have already seen the comments attacking KMAC in the thread)?

KMAC and myself have done nothing but support FNZAS, we are the biggest financial supporters, I strongly promote the Web site to customers, and by far KMAC have brought the most new members to FNZAS. I have been polite, clarified and apologized to Adrienne when there was the slightest hint that I might have quoted her out of context.

I think you need to calm down a little bit, all I want is access to the information so that when the club meets we can see all the suggestions and consider every bodies views.

The point I was making was that there are a lot of people visiting this site who are not members of a club or FNZAS. In my view this should be discussed at a club meeting rather than on a public forum. Arrangements had been made for the information to be available for a club meeting.

That is all I have to say on the matter.

You certainly will Godly3vil. I have been working on it. As said, the original thread is very long and waffly in places. It took 22 A4 pages when I copied it out. I will have a shorter version attached to our club newsletter soon (along with the full version for those interested enough to plough through it!). It is important, when shortening it, that all information is still given so members are able to think, process, and offer their own ideas and suggestions.

Sorry Craig, it was my understanding that officers had also been given access to the thread in question but this was not so. :oops:

Sorry Craig, it was my understanding that officers had also been given access to the thread in question but this was not so.

Okay so now I'm confused. I guess I'll wait and see if we get given access or if the information is given to us some other way.

Maybe you could send me the information you have done for your members and I'll pass that on to ours? I was planning to get one of our delegates to sign on and screen print the whole lot so we could see it but this seems like a complicated and difficult duplication if you have already done that work.

Thanks for you help so far.

I am unsure why Craig's questions have been seen as anti anything. He seems to be trying to understand what has been some confusing information being bandied about. I know I am confused too and there has been a lot of information, ideas and suggestions to consider.

Craig, I will certainly CC you a copy of my newsletter and other stuff I send to MAC members and, if I have it all right, perhaps it will be more understandable - and considerably shorter!

Hopefully your members who attended the exec meeting will also be able to add to it and explain a bit more what has been proposed. Your club can then discuss it all and decide if it is something with which the majority agree, or not. If not, it would be good to have some alternative suggestions on how they think we should to proceed.

Some posts here have come close to crossing the line into "posting to cause a reaction". Although this is not the place to discuss internal FNZAS matters, it is also important individual members understand, as much as possible, what has been going on. One hopes this will be clear shortly!

Some of us have history that we are trying to get over, that is understandable. What I would like to see happen is that we can pull together and work on how to best serve the FNZAS and the rest of the fishkeeping community.

At present there are some confusing things that we are trying to deal with and hope to clarify. I will make absolutely sure that we always keep foremost in our intentions to communicate transparently with all affiliated members. Any oversights are completely unintentional and will be rectified as soon as possible as we are made aware of them.

There are all sorts of ideas being tossed around as it is evident the FNZAS cannot continue as it has in the past.

Maybe there needs to be a big clean out of officers as it appears things have been stale for many years and FNZAS had been at a standstill.

It needs new blood with officers that have drive and passion for the hobby so that it can be taken to the next level so that the hobby can thrive and grow.

I appreciate that officers are doing the best they can and have done a good job, but like a Business you need new blood so that you get new ideas and new direction.

That is precisely what this is about.

Thats good, However really surprised in the proposal that their was nothing about adding new species of fish and working with the Industry to combat MAFs approach to basically kill off the Hobby.

This would be no 1 priority. No fish no Hobby.