i got a custom tank made an its the wrong size!?

dattofish

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im not to keen on filling it up by looking at the joins an so forth the bracing doesnt seem to be much if do anything.. going in tomorrow so will see what the result is then... like i say dont want to go name dropping an give them a bad name as may well get sorted tomorrow fingers crossed

yea haha the only thing i dont got going for me is i dont have the recipt with the new measurments but have one for the old measurments an its not even to that. but going in tomorrow to see the person i delt with.. i know for a fact she had to ring see if the glass was orderd an then changed the measurments an write it down in a book..

yea an the more i read stuff like this the more i want my $ back..

got the mrs to go in their 2day to ask bout it all an they said cant find any paper work with the 750wide measurments an that they told me itl be extra to go wider.. no that wasnt the case i went in their asking if could go higher they said thatl be extra because have to be 12mm an said can go wider for same price so was like yip go with that now their telling me i need to pay a extra $300 to get it made to the right size of 2.1m x 600 x 600 an that illl be paying for the base an he'l be paying for the sides.. yet he said to her earlier that he will be selling the tank i got at the moment which is the wrong size an making a new one.

I hate to say this, but you need to go in yourself. You have no idea how many people muck me around with technical stuff just because I am a woman. It may not make any difference but seeing as you are the one the discussions were with then you really need to speak to them personally, and in particular the person whom you asked to make the change in size.

If you are certain you had a receipt for the correct measurements then they must have a duplicate on record.

Did you not see the person you spoke to write down what you asked?

yea well when i went an changed the measurements an agreed on them before i left. my girlfriend was their right beside me heard it all word for word as i did an has been in their nearly everytime i went in their an was under the same impression it was going to be 750wide as we were told for the same price. hence i got a stand built to that size. she talked to the lady that we delt with an she tryed saying no she said that'l be extra to go wider. an was talking as a third person about me so yea we are both going to go back an have a talk about that conversation because we both know she had to ring up an see if the glass had been orderd an then write it down. wether she write it down in the right book or what i dont know but she said she can see she was stressed an knew she muckd up

i dunno personaly i would just like my $ back an go alse where. they are now saying if i can find the paper that says the measurments theyl refund me. otherwise theyl make a new 750 wide and take the other one back but i pay for the glue cost an said thats $80 - $100.

(so that leads me to belive their is a paper trail somewhere with the right measurments on it?)

to me the best solution would be to just take the tank back refund my $ no hard feelings i dont want any drama an would still be a regular customer their.

i would like a 2nd opinion on it tho rather than just people i know agreeing with me about whats wrong with it.

if theirs any pictures i could take to help awnser that i will do so..

end of the day im not happy with the finished product

i didnt get a stand built that cost nearly as much as the tank because one day i had a measurment pop into my head of how its going to be and change it myself.

If I were you I would take Alan up on his request to send him a PM with the maker's details. He's been in fishy business for a long time and knows a lot of people so he might be able to help. He wouldn't bring the business into disrepute or give you anything to worry about.

alright i just didnt want to cause anymore hassel than their already is an just want this matter solved. preferbly i would like someone to come around an inspect it for themselfs? because at the moment i either try get my $ back or i pay for the glue and he builds me anougher one to the correct width. im concerned about the bracing thats whats got me puzzled i dont know anything about making tanks but wouldve thought it would be put together a bit better and a better quality finish so whos to say the next ones not going to turn out the same but wider?

oyea so how does he get 80-100 for glue?

i would just like to return the tank an get my $ back not have to pay for glue or anything.. will someone in chch come an have a look with their opinion an write something for me so i could say im not happy with the build quality? i will pay them $20 for petrol

alright i just didnt want to cause anymore hassel than their already is an just want this matter solved. preferbly i would like someone to come around an inspect it for themselfs? because at the moment i either try get my $ back or i pay for the glue and he builds me anougher one to the correct width. im concerned about the bracing thats whats got me puzzled i dont know anything about making tanks but wouldve thought it would be put together a bit better and a better quality finish so whos to say the next ones not going to turn out the same but wider?

dude. everyone in this thread has said its poorly made - just go and get it sorted. you don't need to worry about weather you are justified - you are. PM Alan, and get his help/opinion as he has offered. do some research on proper bracing techniques, consumer rights and use the terminology of both to write a letter and get the outcome you want.

i txtd him saying ill be dropping the tank off sometime this week. if you wish you can sell it as is

an said the price an told them id be happy with $... amount -$50 of the total price an we leave it at that.

then he txtd me back saying you prove it is not what you orderd and i will refund without question, you dont have any right to return without it. i have already offerd to make you anougher one at glue cost only due to you thinking you orderd something other than was finalised.

so i said i dont want to make this anymore of a hassel than it is. its not what i have receipt for anyway and i know what i was told. simple solution refund and we end of good terms.

havent heard back. what are my rights? iv been trying to look thru the consumers act and all that.

i have a tank thats 2.1 x600 x650 i have a reciept for 2.1x600x600.. what can i do?

You can rightfully ask for a refund, but you need the reciept. if the job is substandard you have to give him the opportunity to fix it. The issue is at the moment it's your word against his on the measurements. Should always keep receipts for this reason

i have a receipt for a 600 x 600 its 600 x 650 so thtats not right but what it comes down to now is the quality. i am not satisfied with the quality of it an dont want to get anougher tank the right size in that quality. i dont know how to make fish tanks but can see i wouldnt trust it with 970l of water in it.

What if you got another tank from another manufacturer and just cut your losses and sold that on TM? You would at least get a fair bit of your money back and if you put in your auction that it needs some extra bracing then you have been honest. You've already had one interested person. Then you can get what you want and not have to deal with the original guy again.